Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Super Embarrassing Story. Disney and Ukrainian Lady.



Do you know those times when you say something and you literally wish you could grab the words and stop them as they’re coming out of your mouth? Here is my story:

Years ago at work I was developing a collection of Disney sculptures. I was using an out of state sculptor so each week or so he would ship a new clay model to me. I open the first one from the bubble wrap - I believe it was a sculpture of Goofy – and the nose is smashed because of the way he packed it.

We had a design studio at work so I would bring it upstairs and have Elaine - the Ukranian sculptor – fix the nose.

Well it turned into a habit. The clay would come in and I’d go upstairs and as I walked in I’d say “Elaine? Guess what I need you to do?”

Jokingly she would say, “A nose job? OK. I will perform a nose job.” And this went on week after week it seemed. She thought the “I need to perform a nose job” bit was funnier than I did but she was so nice I played along like it was kind of funny. Maybe that type of thing is a knee slapper in Ukraine. Who knows.

Well another week goes by, I head up to the design studio and loudly say, “Elaine? I’ve got something for you…”

She says, “You need a nose job?”

Well it was actually the hand that was broken so loudly and without thinking I say, “No. I need a HAND job!

*cue record scratching*

The SECOND it came out of my mouth I was thinking, “Oh my God. I can’t believe I just said that.” She didn’t even pick up on it but heads slowly started peaked over cubes like ground hogs with expressions from “Hahaha!” to “Did I just hear you ask for a handjob?”

And I never lived it down.

9 comments:

sybil law said...

So did you get a hand job?!
;)

TrinaLikesWine said...

HAHA! *cue record scratching*

Dr Zibbs said...

Sybil - Of course I did.

Trina - HAHA. I KNEW you'd like that part.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

That kind of suff is a knee slapper here

Hahaha! Classic Zibsy!

Dr Zibbs said...

Candy - long time know hear. Yeah. Classic Zibbs story.

Anonymous said...

Saw that in "overhead in the office." I slapped my knee when I read it.

Dr Zibbs said...

Anonymous - you mean someone STOLE my story?

Mrs. Crotchpains said...

Can't remember if you've shared this one before or not. Oh the stories you tell. They never get old.
Funny, did she give you a sexy look like she'd actually been waiting for you to ask for some time?

Dr Zibbs said...

Mrs C - No