Memphis, Tenn. Members of the Memphis based "Self Esteem Club" - gathered Tuesday to debate the features of Clint Howard - Ron Howard's brother and former Gentle Ben star. Dome shaped head or rodent-like teeth were the characteristics being discussed.
In a statement by founder John Gordan,
The "At least you're not Clint Howard" opening day festivities included:
- "Let's Reeaaally Take a look at These Features" (lecture)
- "How anyone can 'be themselves' .....except Clint Howard" (lecture)
- "If I were Clint Howard I would Probably Walk Around Like This...." (improv session)
- "Just Look at Him" (meditation and personal reflection session)
- "Let's tell him How we Really Feel" (arts and crafts/postcard session)
"The community has really embraced this program - and the kids? ..Forget about it. Basic human nature will tell you that if you see someone else worse off than yourself and you can laugh at that person - you're going to feel better", said Gordan.
"When you see one of these kids, especially the screwed up ones throwing a beanbag at a huge picture of Clint Howard and hitting him square on his big assed dome head...and then the kid jumps for joy - you've made a change. It's a magical feeling."