Tuesday, December 21, 2010

McDonalds Story That You Won't Believe. West Chester.



I don’t think I’ve ever been in a McDonald’s that has as a staff that even remotely resembles the McDonald’s you see on the commercials. I mean, at least the commercials these days have a diversified staff but they're still smiling. And look clean.

But the staffing has reached an all time low. At least at the West Chester (High Street) McDonald’s. I didn’t witness this first hand but my son told me and I can’t stop laughing about it. Get ready for this...

He said there’s an employee – an order taker – that’s about 17 or 18. He wears the standard McD’s uniform but his hat is turned sideways and his pants hang really low. You know, rapper style.

So my son approaches the counter and waits. The dude looks at him then ignores him. He looks back at my son and looks away again. He finally slowly struts over to my son - all pissed off - and softly and really annoyed mutters, “So what the fuck do you want?’

HAHAHA!! I swear I made my son imitate it like five times. "So what the fuck do you want?" I was going to go there to experience it myself but my son thinks he quit. Or was fired.

(And look at that scary Ronald in the picture).

16 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

OKay... I think there should have been a video added with a good imitation or the actual guy... I mean what in the heck are vid applications on our phones if we don't use them for what they are meant for...

To validate our stories.

Gage1 said...

I believe that that guy genuinely couldn't imagine what your son wanted and also probably thought he was looking at him funny.

Venom said...

So how sad is it that I have no trouble at all believing this.

I will refrain from commenting further on the level of customer service.

Unknown said...

hahaha...First, I must say it's "Mickey D's" to da gangsta's... I'm assuming you're Caucasian, not that there's anything wrong with that. Second, you get my cool dad award for your son to feel comfortable to repeat the f- word. Also one of my favorite words, but I'm only gangsta in my own pathetically white mind. Third, did your son pop a cap in that guy's ass for disrespectin'?

Dr Zibbs said...

Venom - pretty crazy huh?

Trina - I'm am cool. Like the Fonz. I think I'll write a post about cursing. You always give me ideas!

Dr Zibbs said...

and tc - hahaha!! Yeah right!

Cowguy said...

Heh, I read this while I was out today and couldn't post to it... but it made me laugh out loud. Honest to God man, I truly believe that at least 50% of the people working at our local McDonalds are on work release from prison and the other half belong there.

sybil law said...

Daaamn. All we have at our McDonald's is some slow guy who drools and talks to you for too long. Like, um, dude - my food is getting cold. It's already shitty because it's McDonald's, so can you STFU, now?
I'm so nice.

Dr Zibbs said...

Cowguy - thanks.

Sybil Law - Haha!!

Peggy said...

Hahaha!

Remember when they had to repeat the order into a microphone? Was that McDonalds?

Dr Zibbs said...

Peggy - Oh yeah. I think is was BK and Mcds. Once I got kicked out becuase I sang "Feelings" into it. Haha.

I had been drinking.

Son of a Thomas said...

I know EXACTLY who you are talking about.

Dr Zibbs said...

Son of A - Haha. You do??

Dale said...

All kinds of awesome that is!

Mrs. Crotchpains said...

I know the article isn't about the picture, but I can't get past the Ronald McDonald clown. I'm scared!

Dr Zibbs said...

Mrs C - Kiss him.