As promised the THAT BLUE YAK VEGETABLE GARDEN OF HOPE is underway. The West Whiteland Garden will provide the employees of THAT BLUE YAK with something to do on their lunch hour and a local bum some free produce. So far in the ground are:
- Lettuce - 2 versions have been planted in succession. The first batch - as seen above - is ready to pick.
- Scallions - planted a month ago and ready for picking.
- Radishes - planted a month ago and ready in about a week.
- Runner Beans -planted a few days ago
- Zucchini - (the phallic clown of the vegetable world) -planted.
- Bush Pickles - planted mid May.
- Tomatoes - 6 varieties
A small "concert" was unenthusiastically performed by a local ("Children of the Corn" Charlie) to celebrate the earth, warn the varmints and announce to Chester County that the kick-ass Garden of Hope is in the soil. Songs performed included Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver" and several selections by Rico Suave and Bel Biv Devoe
AND STAY OUT!!!!