Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Time I Was Second Choice And Wristbands From The Seventies.



See that beauty in the picture? The wristband? Not the fake hand. Well not to brag but I owned a pair in 3rd grade. A kid named...well....lets call him Heith Kopton in case he's reading my blog.

The way I got them was this....

Heith: Hey Jimmy do you want to come to my house on Saturday for my birthday?

Me: I think I can. I'll have to check.

Heith: OK. My twin sister and I each get to invite one person and I'm choosing you.

Me: (feeling a bit special) Oh OK.

Heith: My first choice was Keith Wright but he can't go.

Me: Oh....OK.

Heith: So that's why I chose you. You're my second choice. Here's a set of wristbands for you. I have a set too. Let's start wearing them.

Hey at least I got some wristbands out of the deal. I wonder what Keith Wright was offered?

And I later did get Heith back for choosing me second by making him laugh so hard at lunch that milk came out of his nose. And he started crying and got pissed at me. That's called Karma you bitch ass!

Oh yeah. And he only had seven and a half toes too. So there's that.

9 comments:

sybil law said...

Those wristbands are pretty sweet!

Dr Zibbs said...

sybil - yeah you know sweet.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Hey, we've all been there. Going from worst to first isn't the most terrible thing.

The swag made it worth it.

Scope said...

Was his sister hot? I thought your revenge was going to be making out with his sister at the party.

Dr Zibbs said...

Scope if you like the Frankenstein look.

Dr Zibbs said...

Scope - and also....third grade?

Anonymous said...

That's a classic! And yes, I had a set of wrist bands too back in the 80's. Orioles baseball team branded, mind you.

Dr Zibbs said...

Madtexter - I see them making a comeback.

Scope said...

Even in 3rd grade, I assume you to have been the consummate "lady killer".