Monday, February 25, 2013

"Everyone Thinks I'm So Much Younger." Suuuuure They Do... "I Always Get Carded!"

I ran into a dude I used to work with last week and we got talking. He asked me how old my kids are (they're 19 and 16) He then asked, "How old are YOU?" And when I told him he said, "What? I always thought you were ten years younger!"

Now here's the thing. I'm told often that I look younger than I am but I think maybe I look a few years younger. Not ten. *looks in mirror* Hmmm. Maybe he is right... But do you ever run into these people - mostly women - that say, "Everyone thinks I'm 33!" OK so here's what usually happens. THEY say to the person, "How old do you THINK I am?" And the person being asked always says a younger age. But I've seen some of these people that claim that everyone thinks they're younger and when they tell me that I'm thinking, "Uh..I don't think so sweetheart."'

And then you have the women in their thirties that claim that they're always getting carded. OK. It happens legitimately to some women but usually the person doing the carding is trying to be nice. I hate to break the news to you.

But there are people that look younger than they are. Maybe it's something like 25 percent look five years younger and five percent look 10 years younger. What do you think?

As for looking older than you are that's the worst. I met this dude the other week and he said he was 43. I was thinking 55. I think my face looked kind of shocked when he told me. Oh well.

And on the subject of age I can't for the life of me tell the age of girls/women sometimes between the ages of 19 and 30.

So do any of you get told you look younger? How much younger? Also, state your age in the comments if you want. I'm curious how old you guys are.

26 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

...and if you're wondering I'm 15.

Anonymous said...

I was told recently around mid thirties. Wrong.

Dr Zibbs said...

Obama - how wrong?

Dr Zibbs said...

Obama? Damn auto correct!

Annika said...

I can't really tell peoples age anymore, maybe because I don't care. The only occasion I react to ages are if the person is way younger/older than their real age.

I'm 36, and probably look older. Guess what, I don't care about that.

Dr Zibbs said...

Annika no you look good.

Scope said...

I've had "salt & pepper" hair since my 20's. No, I don't get told I look younger. Hope I get "good for your age" some day.

Now the wife? She can pass for much younger without trying. Like "high schooler" younger.

Dr Zibbs said...

Scope yeah I think red heads in general age slower.

Happy Mommy said...

I'm 32 and I got carded for smokes yesterday! Of course, I was wearing a Nintendo ball cap, and held my Nintendo wallet in my hand... but still.

Queen Goob said...

I complain like a Blue Hair so I quit dying it blonde. Younger? Not so much.

Indigo Roth said...

Hey Zibbs! I'm 44 now, and when asked they always nod and ask if I've had a hard life. Bastards. Roth

Dr Zibbs said...

Indigo haha no they don't. Do they?

Chris said...

45. I'm halfway to 90!

Dr Zibbs said...

Chris don't even say that that's what I've been thinking these days.

Pearl said...

The last time I was genuinely "carded" I was 32.

I am now 51.

I won a bet last summer with a woman who thought I was her age. She was 34. Of course, it was dark, and she was quite drunk. Still. Three bucks is three bucks.

Pearl

Dr Zibbs said...

Pearl -;excellent. I thought you were in your early 40s from your picture.

KendallJaye said...

JUST YESTERDAY....
Mini-Me ditched her car in the gigantor snow we've had for the last two days. I got the call, since she was down the road not a mile and a half, and headed out to get her. After I pull up, the sheriff pulls up. He said was pulling out Brittney from the other corner and would be right with us. That's fine, I say. So are you related or did you just pull up, he says. We're related, I say. (Assuming he would get the connection since I'm consoling my sobbing daughter.) She your sister, he says.
YES, I say.
I let him go for five or so minutes before I confess.
Visible jaw drop.
EGO BOOST.
I dominated yesterday.
Until I realized he probably thought I was one of THOOOOOSE moms.
-confessions of a 38 year old.

KendallJaye said...

JUST YESTERDAY....
Mini-Me ditched her car in the gigantor snow we've had for the last two days. I got the call, since she was down the road not a mile and a half, and headed out to get her. After I pull up, the sheriff pulls up. He said was pulling out Brittney from the other corner and would be right with us. That's fine, I say. So are you related or did you just pull up, he says. We're related, I say. (Assuming he would get the connection since I'm consoling my sobbing daughter.) She your sister, he says.
YES, I say.
I let him go for five or so minutes before I confess.
Visible jaw drop.
EGO BOOST.
I dominated yesterday.

Gage1 said...

so far people still seem to think I'm in my early to mid 30's. Can't see that lasting much longer.

Dr Zibbs said...

Kendall sweet!

TC yeah that's what I would guess if I didn't know you.

Feisty Democrat said...

49. On the news whenever they show someone's mugshot that is the same age as me I think "Man, they're old looking!"

Dr Zibbs said...

Mathdude I knew we were the same age.

savannah said...

63 since 31DEC2012

xoxoxo

Dr Zibbs said...

Savannah well happy belated.

Jill said...

I always forget how old I am. I either quickly think of my brother's age and add two (because he was born in 1970 so it's easy), or if I happen to be with this one friend, I ask her since were were born in the same month and year.

Dr Zibbs said...

Jill - I forget sometimes too.