Monday, March 11, 2013

Man Waved At By Chick Whilst People Watching And Listening to Wok And Woll.

He was sitting at a bar.

Watching the band and people watching.

From the end of the bar a cute girl smiles and waves to him.

Playing it cool he casually waves back. He thinks, "Do I know her? Is she waving because she likes me? She probably wants me to ask her to dance. Meh. I don't feel like it."

Just then - from his side - he hears a woman say, "Hey!" and she waves to the woman across the bar. It turns out he wasn't being waved at from the first woman as he originally thought. She was just waving at her friend who had just walked into the bar.

He considers yelling, "I  KNOW YOU WEREN'T WAVING AT ME! I WAS WAVING AT THE PERSON BEHIND YOU!" But realizes she's right up against the wall so it wouldn't make any sense.

He sits in shame.

And that man's name was......um...Vasco Da Gama*. Yeah. It wasn't me. It was Vasco Da Gama. The famous Portuguese explorer. You know...he sailed to India in the 16th century? Yeah. He did it. Not me. OK I have to go.

*And then  - according to Wikipedia - Vasco tried to peek over at the two women to see if the one was saying, "Can you believe that fucking dude thought I was waving at him? What an asshole."

5 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

I hate when that happens.

Anonymous said...

I've waved at people I thought were somebody else and had them wave back before I realized they weren't right person. I just rolled with and said, "Beautiful day, huh?" and kept walking. My eye exam is at the end of the month.

Dr Zibbs said...

Elsie I would have done that but I didn't have a blowhorn.

Scope said...

I purposely intercept waves and wave back maniacally. And refuse to accurately interpret any of the signals the waver is giving that the wave was intended for someone else. I just smile and keep waving and gesturing back.

Because I'm an ass.

Dr Zibbs said...

Scope - and then theres that way.