Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What's Your Drunk Food? Wait...I Ate THAT Last Night? BONUS EPISODE YOU MUST READ!

Nothing like a night of drinking then being starved and scarfing down food. But then of course you have to wake up in the middle of the night feeling like hell. The worst is seeing a bag of Burger King and being all, "I ate THAT last night??"

The thing that I used to eat all the time back in the day that people found really weird was instant mashed potatoes. Take a look....

Of course that picture is missing the huge slab of butter in the middle. And the people that thought it was weird to eat them quickly change their minds after they saw a steaming plate of mashers. NOW who's the idiot for having a box of Hungry Jack in his car? Hmmm? Hmmm? I prefer making homemade but who has time for the that when you're drinking? What am I gonna do? Carry around a bag of potatoes and a peeler? Puuu-LEASE!

And on the subject of being drunk and eating food here's a post that I wrote that is probably the hardest I've laughed in my life. I'm not kidding. Click HERE to read it.

12 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Man. Now I'm hungry for mashed potatoes!

Just Keepin It Real, Folks! said...

Mashed potatoes are my comfort food. Ever make them with parmesan cheese?

Dr Zibbs said...

Jkirf - no but I love to add garlic and shallots after I saute. I'll have to try that. And I love making twice baked potatoes. I always make a bunch extra so I can eat them for a few days.

Susie Q said...

Next time you're drunk, ya gotta try a Aberdonian favourite; chips (chunky fries), cheese + gravy. Every chipper round here serves it. If it doesn't, stay away; they probably put kittens in your battered sausage...

The whole dish sounds disgusting, but when you wake up in the morning with gravy all over your chest, a chip in your mouth and cheese all over your face, you'll feel perfectly fine 'cos it's amazing.

Hot chips, hot gravy poured over with grated cheese covering everything creates a deliciously disgusting gooey mess that you can't but love!

Dr Zibbs said...

Suzie Q I LIKE IT!

Scope said...

I hate to say it, but it used to be ARBY'S. The grease and the salt...

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

Mmm, mashed potatoes with sausages and baked beans! Best drunk food ever!

Dr Zibbs said...

Baked beans AND mashed potatoes? I think I'll pass on that one.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't drink anymore but when I did, Waffle House at 2 in the a.m., every drunk on that side of town was in there. Good times.

Dr Zibbs said...

Bama - Gotcha. We used to go to Denny's.

Dominica said...

Mash is nice but as I live in the country of beer and French fries (I never understood why they are called French tho) we go to a 'friture' after a night out on the town (read binge drinking). The good thing down here is, we have plenty of choice and they are open 24/7. Hurray for Belgium. That smell of fries never lets you down. They smell good, they taste good and crispy and with loads of mayo (the Dutch kind, sweeter) and some salt .. mmmmmm *licks her fingers*

Dr Zibbs said...

Dominica - Mayo on fries is such a European thing. Over here it's ketchup. And people are starting to use vinegar too like the English. But mayo sounds good if its good mayo.