Monday, March 22, 2010

Travel Bullet Points. Part 2. Piedras Negras. Nachos.




Here are so more travel bullets points. Man, blogging is getting easier when you just rattle shit off. (To read part 1, click here)

- Dallas: One time while staying at a hotel in Dallas a fire alarm when off in the middle of the night. People emerged from their doors asking, "Is it for real?" I was in a deep sleep when it went off so I just grabbed by stuff. I was the only one to leave. I ended up in the back parking lot in the pouring rain. Stupid!

- Chicago: When staying with my cousin one Summer in 5th grade, we'd go to the top of their 40 floor building and individually release tissues into the windy Chicago air. This is when being green was for stinky hippies. And we also dropped a bucket of water off but the doorman narced us out. Thanks Carlton.

- Mexico: While visiting a factory in the arm pittiest city of Piedras Niegras (Nachos were invented there), We got our van searched by guys with machine guns. I was prepared to go Jean Claude Van Damme on their asses but then I was like, "OK, lets see how this plays out first".

- Connecticut: I was in charge of bringing some of the ladies from the home office in England to visit some various clients on the East coast. After the three day trip we had to take the train back to NYC so they could catch a flight back to England. I was telling some joke when the train pulled up and as we're all still laughing the doors shut. I then realized that we were on the wrong train. SUPER STUPID! (They barely made their flight) .

That is all.

10 comments:

Heff said...

Negras !

Dr Zibbs said...

Heff I believe the prefered term is calards.

Gwen said...

I honeymooned in Mexico and one day we took an all-day bus trip to Chichen Itza. On the way back, at about 10 at night, our tour bus was stopped and searched by a bunch of guys with machine guns. I had fallen asleep on the bus so imagine my surprise when I woke up to a machine gun in my face.

¡Viva la Mexico!

Dr Zibbs said...

Gwen - You would have probably kicked his gun. I know your style.

Gage1 said...

Did I miss Part 1?

JenJen said...

I think we were in the same hotel in Dallas. That same thing happened to me.
Coincidence? No sir.

Dr Zibbs said...

Gage - part 1 is a few posts back . You need to treat my blog like the early American frontier and explore.

Chinese guy- Um, I think 4.

JenJen - good thing you weren't in my was because I would have pushed you out of the way like Costanza.

Heff said...

But of course. How silly of me.

Colleen Cahaley said...

hmmm, I'm going to Mexico in September. Hopefully I won't see any machine gun Mexicans.

Dr Zibbs said...

Brinn - look at you chiming in. Thanks!