Friday, May 14, 2010

Danny O'Day Ventriloquist Dummy (Figure) Now In My Possession. Creepy.



"Whu r you doi oher dare?"

Sorry, that was me talking "Ventriloquist" - what I was saying was, "What are you doing over there?" You could tell though. Right?

Remember when I told you (probably via Twitter) that I was at my Mom's and there was an unclothed ventriloquist dummy aka Danny O'Day smooshed in a plastic bag by her front door? Which in itself was freaky because it looked like a corpse. A tiny, lipstick wearing corpse.

I asked what it was all about and it turns out it was my nephew's but he was so freaked out by it my sister had to just "get it out of the house".

Well his loss is my gain. My Mom waited to give it to me because she had to get the clothes for it before she gave it to me. You know, because "it just wouldn't be complete"...I guess was the thinking.

So now it's mine. All mine. And I'll have you know that I had this very dummy when I was a kid and was kind of good at using it. I even "studied" ventriloquism. Well, if studying means reading a "book of tips" and practicing in my room that is.

And I've already had great fun freaking my family out with it by doing things like peaking it's head in a room and making it mouth things like, "MUST. KILL." And I've only had it for a day! Imagine what the next 30 years holds?!

*And note that MY Danny O'Day is not dressed like the nerd in the picture above. MY Danny O'Day is all classy with his tux and top hat. Eat that bitches!

24 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

And not to get everyone excited but maybe....just maybe...I'll bring it to the next tweet up.

But I'll have to carry it in a plastic bag so I don't look like a nerd.

And DON'T even think about touching it!

Anonymous said...

My dad had a puppet just like this one when I was a kid. It's name was Charlie-something-or-other. I never did know why he bought it. Creepy.

It's probably in their storage barn out back, and it probably comes alive at night..LIKE CHUCKIE!

Dr Zibbs said...

Madtexter - you just gave me an idea for a movie. How cool would it be for all these dummys to come to life at night. And they're like Zombies?

Oh yeah!

But a title? Hmmm. I'll have to think of one.

Kristen said...

I feel another in-home tweetup invite coming on. **please, please, please make him bring Danny. Oh please, Lord, I'll be extra nice to the children and thank you every day...forevermore**

p.s. I now own a Ouija board. Imagine the adventures those two could have!

JenJen said...

Well that is one tweet up I'm sorry I will miss.

AbelPetSupply said...

Kristen, if the in-home tweetup involves the vat of KY again, count me in.

Zibbsy, will your movie be at LEAST twice as fabulous as this ventriloquist zombie movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMAdWD4aUC8

Dr Zibbs said...

Kristen - You've got yourself a deal. AFTER... you agree to being hand fed a spoonful of baked beans by me...Dr Zibbs.

As a matter of fact, I may even lend Danny to you. Let me rephrase that, would you mind if Danny vacationed in your home?

Jen - Damn straight.

Abel - A million times better!

Dr Zibbs said...

*movie ideas*

- consider having one of the dummy leaders on roller skates.

- consider catch phrase, "NOW who's the dummy?"

- consider a short dance routine to give viewers a break from the horror.

Kristen said...

I spoke with Billy Baloney (my ventriloquist) and he gave the okay. We are both SO FREAKIN EXCITED!

But still no baked beans. No way. No how.

Dr Zibbs said...

Niiiiice. This deserves an important announcement via Twitter.

KendallJaye said...

Now you need a Chucky to keep him company.
-KJC

Kristen said...

i just noticed I called Billy Baloney "my ventriloquist". Which would make me "his dummy".

What if I've had it mixed up all this time....

Dr Zibbs said...

Kendall- I actually bought one years ago a thrift shop and then when I got it home it smelled like pee.

Did I do the honorable thing and throw it out? Nope. I sold it to some sucker at a garage sale we had.

Dr Zibbs said...

Kristen - haha.

T-Ro said...

How 'bout "Dawn of the Wood"?

another catchprase idea:
"I'm a dumbie, dammit!"

or...

"Run for your lives! The puppets are pissed!"

WendyB said...

I better not wake up one night to find him staring at me from the foot of my bed.

Scope said...

Put him in a baby stroller, and then go for walks around the neighborhood. Maybe you'll run into that one couple again.

Dr Zibbs said...

Scope - Haha. Great idea. I should tie him around my neck on my next walk.

ReaderRita said...

Possibly the scariest thing about your story is that your Mother KNEW where to get a miniature tuxedo and top hat for it...



And, for more than just ventriloquist-type "fun", you could strap it into a kiddie car seat and leave it on the roof of your car while you drive somewhere...

Dominica said...

Is he seated on a chair across your bed ? Does he look at you at night with his big apathetic eyes ???

Kate said...

Oh jeezums. This is one time I'm glad I have no chance in hell of running into you in person. Creepy doll!

Dr Zibbs said...

ReaderRita - haha. It was actually at my sister's but that would have been scary.

Dominica - He's been sitting on our couch but honestly, he is starting to creep me out.

Kate - If I ever meet you I'm bringing it.

Gage1 said...

horrifying.

Dr Zibbs said...

Gage - Come on now. I know YOU must love dummies.