Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Love This! Brandi Carlile Doing Dreams. Teary.

I love this song Dreams by Brandi Carlile. They've been playing it a lot on WXPN.

It stops be in my tracks and kind of gets be choked up whenever I hear it. Even though it's catchy, it's got some "pull at the old heart strings " lyrics. As my friend "The Child" likes to say.

Do you like it? (I've included the lyrics below so you can sing along).



Dreams, I have dreams when I'm awake when I'm asleep
And you, you are in my Dreams
You're underneath my skin, how am I so weak

And now in my dreams,

I can feel the weight, I can just come clean
I keep it to myself, I know what it means
I can't have you, but I have dreams

How long, can you hold your breath?
Can you count to ten, can you let it pass?
Keep, can you keep it in?
Keep it behind lashes, can you make it last?

And now in my dreams, I can feel the weight
I can just come clean

I keep it to myself, I know what it means
I can't have you, but I have dreams
Oh, I have dreams, I have dreams

(And then an amazing guitar solo)

Mind, can you read my mind?
Has it come undone, am I showin' signs?

And now, in my dreams
I can feel the weight, I can just come clean
I keep it to myself, I know what it means
I can't have you, but I have dreams
I have dreams, I have, I have, I have Dreams

11 comments:

KendallJaye said...

I had not heard this.
THANKS!
It's brilliant.
-KJ

Dr Zibbs said...

Kendall - isn't it great?

AbelPetSupply said...

I love it!

Kristen said...

Never heard it before, but catchy/pretty!

Dr Zibbs said...

AbelPetSupply - since you can sing, please practice it and sing it to me next time I see you.

You don't have to act out the video or anything.

Kristen - TBY is where ALL the good music is. Jimmy Swatzman doing Caberet and now this!

AbelPetSupply said...

I'm already workin' on it...

;)

Kristen said...

And don't think I forgot the devil tapdancing song or the SWC clip about marijuana that ends with Jellineck playing a little mountain music he wrote on the beach.

JenJen said...

Zibbsy this is a great song...and I'm touched you would send such a beautiful one to me.
I mean, it's a step up from the Lily Allen Fuck You I got before...

Dr Zibbs said...

Haha. JenJen - the FU song. That was when I used to do Friday send off song dedications and it had nothing to do with telling people to F off.

One chick got super pissed and sent me an email saying she "was done with me"

Gage1 said...

I don't have dreams, mostly it's just nightmares.

Dr Zibbs said...

Gage - That sucks.