In case you ever want to prepare a scotch or bourbon for me, here are the steps to take:
- Using ice (never use ice from an ice maker unless it's store bought ice) crack the ice by placing it in the palm of your hand and crack it with a tablespoon.
- Place the ice into a crystal old fashioned glass. A highball is acceptable.
- The ice will be heaped over the top of the glass. The different size cracked ice will ensure that the ice melts at the perfect "melting speed."
- Pour the scotch or bourbon almost to the top of the glass.
- Add a splash of water. Use only spring water or water that has been filtered.
- If the liquor is mid-grade, like Jack Daniels, add a bit more water.
- Never serve me lower level (peasant stock) liquor.
- Hand it to me.
- Sit on chair and watch me drink it.