Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chester County Man Shares Important Recipe. Peppers.



Behold it's glory.

OK this shouldn't even be considered a recipe because it's just so easy. But also it's sooo delicious. I give you: The Dr Van Huesen* Sphincter Burners.

OK. Get your aprons on and lets get cooking:

- Buy a bag of long hots. I get mine from Produce Junction in Exton because you get a huge bag for $2.
- Slice open the peppers and remove seeds and the walls. You know...the white part. I forget what they're called. The veins? No. I think it's the walls.
- Add a strip of prosciutto to the peppers then stuff it with cheese. I usually stuff some with mozzeralla and others with cheddar.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top and drizzle some olive oil on top as well.
- Place in pan and cook for about 20 minutes at 350 or until cheese is melted.

Then? ...Enjoy.

*Van Huesen is one of my aliases.

10 comments:

Rachelle said...

Sorry, Doc, but that is the scariest looking food I've seen since I "accidentally" dropped a haggis out of a moving vehicle.

I don't doubt it's actual deliciousness, but that picture sure doesn't do it justice!

Dr Zibbs said...

Rachelle - I know. That picture makes it look pretty pathetic. I'm often attacked on Twitter for my crappy picture taking.

Rachelle said...

Hee - well, at least you're consistent. I wish I'd taken a picture of that haggis.

Dr Zibbs said...

Oh so that really DID happen? Haha!

And I think you're new to my blog. Are you a Twitter follower?

Rachelle said...

Oh yeah; a poorly made and very stinky haggis tossed out the window at 90kph basically leaves a chunky grease smear on the road. Great coyote bait, though!

No, I'm just a long time blog stalker. I'm not exactly anti-Twitter, but in order to participate in another social network of any sort, I would need to give up some other recreational activity (haggis-tossing, maybe?)

Dr Zibbs said...

Blog stalker eh? OK will thanks for leaving a comment. Don't be a stranger now...ya hear?

CrotchPains said...

I'm gonna puke.....

Dr Zibbs said...

CrotchPains - of course you are. You think green peppers are hot. You're like a little girl in that way.

Scope said...

That looks tasty. Well, I opened the picture in Photoshop and hit "Auto Color Correct".

Wow, the place is white, the spots blue, and the peppers appetizing.

Dr Zibbs said...

Scope - Lets see that picture.