Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm Thinking of Becoming A Caricature Artist. West Chester Man Has Talent.

I'm thinking about setting up a caricature artist business. You know..where you set up an art easel, get some magic markers and hang out at a place with lots of people? You know. Think I'll wear a beret. Call myself Pierre. And write, "Classically trained" or something like that on my art supply box.

Not sure if I want to go to Philly or not. Hmm. Maybe I'll start local and plan a move once I work some of the kinks out.

Then when I get my customers I'll start drawing. Just go to town.

Me: You have such an interesting face.

Person: (all flattered and shit) Really?

Me: Oh yes. Real character...OK a few lines here...

Person: Why thank you.

Me: Silence!...I need to concentrate... (holds thumb up to person then goes back to drawing)

Friend of Person: (whispers to person being drawn) I think this is going to be good. Look at his level of concentration.

Person: (whispering to friend) I wonder if he sells frames too?

Me: And a few subtle finishing touches....Annnnnnnddddd...DONE! I give you...ART!

Then I'll turn it around and it will always reveal.......

Something.....

A little.......

like this......




A crappy drawing of a probiscus monkey.

10 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Maybe I will frame that picture.

Dominica said...

golden frame ?

Dr Zibbs said...

Dominica - Yes. And with an ocre matte.

Jill said...

They'll be lining up for certain!

Dr Zibbs said...

Jill - I think I'll draw yours wearing a tiny little hat.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Bwahahahahaah!!!

The Jules said...

Ooh, very good. Very . . . simianny!

Dr Zibbs said...

Simianny. I like that.

Scope said...

I think you'll be able to test the whole "Brotherly Love" angle if you try that in Philly.

Jill said...

That's good. My ex bil once told me that I wear hats well.
:-)