Sunday, January 17, 2010

Magic, Dummies and Anthony Hopkins? Who Knew?

Remember that movie Magic? With the ventriloquist dummy?

I saw it years ago but forget if it was good or not. And watching this clip I just realized that Anthony Hopkins in the main character. Hmmm.

Check it out:



And why are so many people afraid of ventriloquist dummies. Or "figures" as they're often called in the trade. I used to have one when I was a kid so I would know.

Also, If I ever become a serial killer I think a great trademark would be to leave a dummy at the scene of every murder. What would yours be?

12 comments:

Son of a Thomas said...

This movie trailer scared the hell out of me when I was a kid and I never could look at my v-dummy the same way.

If I were a serial killer I would leave what else....cereal. Probably Count Chocula and they could call me Count Chop-ula.

I worked too hard on this.

diane said...

I wonder how many pieces of gauze they had to put over the camera lens to make Ann Margaret look 17 in the high school flashback scene?
I couldn't stand Anthony Hopkins in this. How anybody thought he'd make a charming killer type is beyond me.
Can you tell that this movie p*ssed me off?

Kristen said...

I have a billy baloney dummy. It is kind of scary looking, but the Magic dummy is the most disturbing ever. I don't remember much about that movie, will have to watch it again some time.

Dr Zibbs said...

Son of A - Did you work it out on paper?

Diane - Now I really need to see this again.

Kristen - my dummy's name was Danny O'Day.

JenJen said...

I think I might leave some chips. You can't have just one.

Peggy said...

I have a v dummy, his name is Morty "Bonedigger" Washington...don't ask.

Dr Zibbs said...

Peggy - suuuuure you do.

The Jules said...

I would leave a business card with my name and home address on it, and some photos of me carrying out the act so I would get the kudos.

Let the terror commence!

Moooooog35 said...

I would leave a dead body at the scene of every murder.

Duh.

Scope said...

I would write "Google This: That Blue Yak" at the crime scene.

Obviously.

Dr Zibbs said...

Scope - Now you're talkin'!

Beth said...

I would leave behind a picture of Dr. Banana StabbyPants.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5007246&id=656595836