Saturday, January 30, 2010

Statesboro Blues Almost Makes Man In Exton Do Something With His Bagel.

I was driving to the Exton Dunkin Donuts this morn to get a bagel and some coffees. With a $1 bagle coupon. Suckers.

On the return trip, the Statesboro Blues by the Allman Brothers came on. So I crank it up and start rocking out.

Then I look in the mirror and there's everything bagel and cream cheese all jammin up in my teeth. How the hell are you supposed to eat one of those things anyway without that happening?

So I look over to the car next to me and I totally had this urge to start air guitaring to the lady while making this crazy ass open mouth face with all the everything bagel all over the place. Nodding and pointing to her. Then following her. Our cars reaching dangerous speeds.

Of course I chickened out. I think one of the these days I'll get the courage to do all of these things I imagine. I'm OK with doing those things if I'm with someone else but I chicken out when I'm alone. Maybe I'm a coward.

But maybe you're not a coward. I believe you're a hero. So I'm challenging someone to do that and take a picture of themselves doing it.

Now get to work. I'm only promising to view the first 30 images or videos of the scene that are sent to me.

That is all.

10 comments:

CrotchPains said...

Was the bagel debris in your teeth fresh or from last week's bagel....Nice image...

Andy - Instafather said...

Maybe that driver was thinking of doing the same thing to you. I often wonder what other drivers are thinking as they go by. At least now I know one of them wants to shove bagel and cream cheese in his teeth and air guitar like crazy.

diane said...

Did you ever see that movie, I can't remember the name of it, where everybody started going with their impulses? All h*ll broke loose. It was great.
I wish I had been the lady in the car and that you had not chickened out. It would have made my day.

Dr Zibbs said...

CrotchPains - you know me. Classy.

Dominica said...

..not to chicken out and had filmed it on top !!
Truth or Dare, Zibbs ... come on ... I know you want to !!

Dr Zibbs said...

Dominica - I am chicken.

JenJen said...

I looked in the mirror and yep: Basil.
Fuck me.

Dr Zibbs said...

JenJen - What. Does. That .Even Mean?

Kate said...

Suckers. He he..

I'm not chicken. I'll do it next time I'm driving down the highway eating a bagel and cream cheese listening the Statesboro Blues and I have some one in the car with me to take my photo or video. Then I'll send it to you. Might take a while.

T-Ro said...

Zibbs,
check out this show.
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/dickey-betts/concerts/winterland-december-14-1974.html
make sure you check out the liz reed.
\\//