Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Birthday To Dr Zibbs 2010. Twitter And Facebook Goin' Crazy.




"He awoke and walked to the mirror. After screaming "WHY?" He stared into the mirror and cried. For like 25 minutes."

It was his birthday. A man named Dr Zibbs."

"Then, he went to his computer and saw all of the birthday greeting from his Blog and Twitter followers. He knew it had nothing to do with him reminding them his birthday was coming up. He knew, as others do that people wrote reminders on calendars. They made use of the "tickler file" system. Some called their work phones to remind themselves of this special day. January 8th."

"Later, when Dr Zibbs looked on his blackberry, there were even MORE greeting from Facebook followers. He was humbled."

(Close up of the back of a super classy wicker chair. The chair turns and Dr Zibbs appears)

Hi everyone. I'm the Internets Dr Zibbs. And I'd like to thank you all for the birthday wishes.

There really were so many wishes sent my way. It almost makes me feel bad for people that have no friends and then on their birthday the phone rings and they run to it in anticipation and it just Kohl's on the phone or something. Something about some candles that were on back order or something. I don't know. Maybe that person is you. Who knows? If it is though, stop selfishly thinking about yourself on this day and start celebrating my birth. Zibbs style.

And remember, gifts are God's way of saying you care*.

*Cash gifts are always welcome but get creative. What about emailing me a coupon for beers that you're going to buy me when you meet me? And be sure to write "no expiration date" on it because if you even say that the coupon expired when I finally meet you I will turn around and walk right out of the bar. I will. Also, I do NOT want a snuggie.

24 comments:

JMUmonty said...

great days in history.

1. Man invents wheel.
2. WWI ends on the 11th hour of the 11th month of the 11th day.
3. The miracle on Ice.
4. Zibbs birth.

I'd rank it that high...

Dr Zibbs said...

JMU - HAHAHA!

C. Camel said...

Happy birthday, Doc. Consider this comment a non-expiring coupon for a beer. Carry it with you at all times. Enjoy your weekend.

A blue yak and a corrupt camel walk into a bar...

Kate said...

This has GOT to be the Year Of Zibbs! And I'll be able to tell my (very small circle of) friends, I knew him when he used to take a moment comment on my little blog posts! WOW! Rock On Zibbs 2010!

Dr Zibbs said...

C Camel - "A" beer? I think you meant 6. I'll make note of that.

Kate - Thanks and you're welcome.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZIBBS!!!!! I hope you have a radical day full of beanie babies and Z spots and beanie babies with Z spots!!

Also, Betsy and I will TOTALLY buy you a few beers! Say when! haha

Gwen said...

Seriously, this is out of control I WILL NOT wish you a happy birthday again.

Dammit! I just did, didn't I?

You're a wily one, Zibbsy.

Dr Zibbs said...

Alice - for using the word radical, all I can say is: Solid.

And I will take you up on the beer offer soon.

smittenkitten said...

Otanjyobi Omedetou Gozaimasu!

And from Mom's mythological song file, the SECOND verse to Happy Birthday:

May God bless you today
May God bless you today
Happy Birthday Dr Zibbs
Happy Birthday to You!

Unknown said...

I brought Rad back. LOL It's an awesome word. Ever see the movie? I'm going to blog about it soon.

Son of a Thomas said...

May the Lord bless and keep you!












Bet that fu**ed you up for a minute.

Verdant Earl said...

What a minute? You're a real live person with a real birthday and parents and such?

I thought you were a computer program that became aware. Like Skynet or The Matrix.

01001000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01111001 00100000 01000010 01101001 01110010 01110100 01101000 01100100 01100001 01111001

(That's Happy Birthday...in binary code. Don't give me any crap...I know you understand it)

JenJen said...

Here's to me hoping you're older than, say...ME!

Cheers!

Avitable said...

Happy birthday you old fuck.

diane said...

That's not really dr.zibbs in the wicker chair, it's a Disney robot.

Stop making that face, I know it's weird, but it's all I got. Happy Birthday, again.

Dr Zibbs said...

Thank you thank you.

Whiskeymarie said...

My gift to you will be that, someday when me meet, I will convince Gwen to come along and we will both pretend to poop on you.

No?

Fine. Didn't you have a dream/fantasy involving Gwen and breakfast sausage once? Maybe we could all act it out, just not naked.

Shel said...

I'd send you beers from across the bar. Way too intimidating to actually have a real life conversation with you. Now if only I knew what you looked like so that I could send you those beers....

J. Hi said...

Oh Zibsy! Couldn't let the day end without wishing you the best on your birthday! Love you, you big 'ole hunk of burning love! ;)

CrotchPains said...

All: He's 46. But he'll erase this post to protect his identity or something.
Just watch...

Andy - Instafather said...

* slips Snuggie box back into bag and searches for receipt *

Scope said...

I hear you got a SWEATER for your birthday.

Too bad. MOANERS or SCREAMERS are a lot more fun. ;-)

Dr Zibbs said...

Whisky Marie - Me likey.

CrotchPains - Wow. You're powerful. Now go get my kid's Wii disc and mail it back.

Mrs. Hall said...

snuggies ...hhee hee

my daughter got TWO of them for her bday. LURRVVEESSS them . . . wears them every day. cause if you turn them around THEY ARE JUST A ROBE WITHOUT A BELT!

hee hee