Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chester County Blogger Orders Non-Book Reading Adults To Read


With the price of printer ink, I can't imagine what you people are paying to print out pages of my blog, craft a crappy makeshift cover out of cardboard and attach it to the copies. All in the name of being able to brag to your friends that you've read a book. The problem with reading real books is, there are very few books worth reading at all. UNTIL NOW.

Check out: Our Dumb World: The Atlas of The Planet Earth. It's from the people at the Onion. Click on the link and order online. I'm not sure how expensive it is because for some reason they ship it all the way from the amazon.
OR you can visit your local library. My library, the Chester County Library has so many books you wouldn't even believe it. And they're not even that big of a dick when you talk loud. I love the library. O.K. I'll even make it easier for you. Call your local library and tell them the name of the book and the call # -which is O 81. Most libraries will actually pull the book for you and put in on the shelf near checkout. You will have to turn the actual pages yourselves unless your library has some type of handicap program that'll help you out with that. Ours doesn't. Yet.

As for the content of the book, I'll say nothing other than it's a complete masterpiece. Trust me.
Happy reading smarty pants and return to these here comments after you've read it. Let me know what you think.
Coincidentally, West Chester based blogger J Dizzle (Hometown Hangover), just wrote a post about books. Check out this funny post about books that she just wrote on her blog. Plan to leave the 2nd funniest comment and don't forget to tell her Dr Zibbs sent ye'.

10 comments:

Falwless said...

I gave this book to my brother for Christmas. It's awesome.

They ship a lot of things from the amazon nowadays. I think there's a big shipping conglomerate somewhere in all those trees.

JDizzle said...

Thanks for the plug Zibbs. However, I don't want anyone to think that I actually endorse reeding.

And congrats on yer book.

Liöüx said...

I, too, love it when the liberry is not a dick.

I'm off to go and enjoy some strawbraries now...

Anonymous said...

My BIL reads stuff like this, might have to order it for xmas

Thanks

#1

ÄsK AliCë said...

My library turns pages for me. You must live in the gh-ett-o

180360 said...

HAHA!! I can't believe it has taken me this long to visit. I loved the comments you left me and clearly your sense of humor is right up my alley.

Chole said...

Some libraries even have websites! I put my books on hold online. Some also have fairly new DVDs that I may or may not duplicate for future personal use.

Dr Zibbs said...

180/360: thanks for the compliment. Please return.

Janna said...

How about you? Will YOU turn my pages for me?
I promise to say "thank you" afterward.
After the whole book is done, I mean. Not after each individual page.
'Cause that would just be annoying.

We might also be able to work out some sort of deal where I pay you in cat hair.

Moderator said...

The only people that hang out at my library are homeless folks and sexual deviants.