What does the future hold? When I was 5th grade, I would have been amazed if someone said, "Pretty soon"....
- You will be able to heat meals in minutes (the microwave)
- You will be able to watch TV, but you'll be playing a game on TV and YOU will be controlling it! (Pong*/video games)
- Instead of waiting to see an edited movie on the ABC movie of the week, you'll be able rent a tape of the movie and watch it at home (and see Jacqueline Bisset's nipples on The Deep!. Through a t-shirt of course)
And now, unless you're a hillbilly, all this stuff seems normal.
But what about the new future? Do any of you tech nerds know which year I can expect this stuff?
- I want to see any clip of any movie or TV show by simply searching for it by key phrase then see it on my TV. Right away. Like the dance contest with the Fonz? ..Right here..in 2 seconds.
- I want voice activation that's state of the art so I can Tweet and write posts to my famous blog while strolling down the lane.
- I want super speedy Internet access on my blackberry. Come to think of it, I want to have my blackberry working in my home all the time. What up with that stupid Verizon?
- I want a lawn mower that cuts by itself (not the crappy one that they show on TV).
- I want a robot dog or bird. And it has to call me Master.
When will these things be a reality? It's really not asking too much. Is it?
*and Ms Pacman. I was the master. That's right Flare..get back to work. And I also made up Miss White America Pageant. I know you're reading my blog everyday because I see you showing up on my Google analytics. P.S. Can you ask Julie if she needs a side dish for Christmas?