Thursday, February 16, 2012

Elvis Impersonators That I've Met In My Travels. Brickette Lounge.



See that poster quality picture of Elvis there*? I took it. Seriously. No really. What? It's blurry? And looks more like Neil Diamond? Get out of here!

I love meeting Elvis impersonators. It's kind of rare but it does happen. (To see two that I met in Vegas see THIS post). But when you do encounter one you have to act as if you're very impressed. And take a picture. It's kind of like running into a bigfoot. It's rare but when you encounter one you have to approach it and ask, "Satch, why are you so elusive?" And... "You seem sad?" Are you?" "Is the Yeti an asshole?"

I do have a few more Elvis pics on my computer but I can't find them. Need to put them all in one central file one of these days.

When it comes to my Elvis sightings my only regret is that I wish I was in the pictures that I've taken of the King. But maybe I would make a face just as the picture was snapped like I was crying. Or just look over at him like I'm all pissed. Now THAT would be an Elvis impersonator picture collection suitable for framing. If I ever get a bunch of those I'm totally going to position them in the center of a shrine within my home.

*picture taken at the Brickette Lounge, West Chester, PA

7 comments:

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Dude looks like more of an Elvis imposter than an Elvis impersonator.

Dude also looks like a lady.

Dr Zibbs said...

Candy - Hmmm. I guess he does.

Anna Lefler said...

Okay, I LOVE Elvis impersonators. I only have one snapshot of one - I took it in Vegas years ago. He was walking down the street in his Elvis-in-badass-black outfit. The fact that he was about 80 pounds too heavy for the outfit made no difference at all.

That's just one of the great things about Vegas. The rules of style and physics simply don't apply.

XO

A.

Dr Zibbs said...

Anna - Heard dat!

Radioactive Tori said...

I have nothing creative to say and wouldn't normally leave a comment since it is so useless when I have nothing interesting to say, but wanted to say hi anyway. I'm so glad you left me a comment so I could find your blog! Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to write as a comment next time.

Dr Zibbs said...

R Girl - Well thanks for stopping by.

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

Haha...comparing Elvis impersonators to Bigfoot. This is why I love bloggers.