Friday, February 3, 2012

Mir Ham's Vom Sauerkraut. German Cooking Music.



Man if this song doesn't want to make you invade Poland NOTHING will!

OK I'm not kidding here. Sometimes when I cook I love to listen to music that reminds me of the food. Italian cooking? Sinatra and Dean Martin.

BBQ? I'll put on some Southern rock or Country.

German - like a pork roast or what not? I'll put on this album called Folksongs from Bavaria. I really like it. But the sad news? It somehow got deleted from my Ipod! Don't worry. It's still on my external hard drive.

And I'll tell you that my favorite song on it is Mir Ham's Von Sauerkraut. My son and I used to listen to it over and over and laugh because we would always say that the two different dude's doing solos probably hated each other. One was snobby and the other was kinda prissy and making a mockery of the song and having too much fun with it. And we would make up scenarios of their arguments.

I shit you not.

Enjoy. (And there's no official video. The song was taken from a random group of people that put it up from their trip to Germany. Oh. And I'm also part German. So I got that)

3 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

And looking at the video reminds me of when I was having drinks in the Philly airport at a bar waiting for a UK flight and met a group of people that were going to Germany for Octoberfest and thinking..."Man I wish I was going with them."

sybil law said...

I want that 30 seconds of my life back.
:)

Dr Zibbs said...

Sybil - Oh be still! It's catchy!