Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Mommy Got Me A New Pillow For Christmas. Fluffy.




You read that post title correctly. My mommy got me a new pillow for Christmas. And as I wrote on Twitter: "..it works great! I'm gonna call it Lil' Fluff - the pillow who believed in love."

See. You need to follow me on twitter (@DrZibbs) or you'll miss all the pillow related news that I may tweet about. Imagine hearing this news an hour ago? Instead, you're just hearing it now. It's kind of sad if you think about it.

So anyways. The pillow works great. It's super fluffy. My old pillow was such a dick. It was all flat and used up. If I was ridiculous enough to name an OLD pillow I'd probably call it something like "Pete the pillow that dreamed of being a pancake..and did".

And it's true. It's like someone broke into my house every night then brought Pete outside and ran him over with a steam roller. Everyday it seemed to get flatter and flatter. There's really no other explaination I can think of. Can you?

I've been complaining about my pillow for a few years but when I wake up, I never seem to remember how crappy it is and then drive to a store and buy a new pillow. And that's pretty bad if you think about it because it means that I've forgotten the same thing, everyday for like 1200 days IN A ROW!

Oh my God. Once I see it in writing that's pretty bad. Let me read that over again.

(reads it over again)

Yup. That's pretty bad.

23 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

..and before I throw Pete away, let me know what price you would pay for it in case you're thinking about starting to collect THAT BLUE YAK memorabilia.

And it kills me to have to even say this but: Invest at your own risk. TBY memorabilia is not guaranteed to go up in value (yeah right) and probably won't be able to be used as currency.

Susan said...

"all flat and used up"
What a perfect description. I hate that.

Dr Zibbs said...

Susan - I may have "all flat and used up" printed on it before putting it up for bid.

..or in the trash.

Dr Zibbs said...

..and if you don't want to join Twitter but just want to read the stuff here's the link: http://twitter.com/DrZibbs

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

Hmmm... how big is your head? Maybe it's not Pete's fault after all. So treasure every moment with Lil' Fluff.

diane said...

Hahaha at Dutch donut girl's comment. :)
I think Pete is related to our pillows. However, I like a really flat pillow, so that's lucky. If my pillow's too fluffy, my hands fall asleep. Shut up, I know it's weird.

The Jules said...

When they're all flat like Pete, we've always called 'em biscuit pillows in our household, because we're totally bad-ass and that's the kind of crazy stuff we do.

diane said...

P.S. I think mom's are the best.

Dr Zibbs said...

Dutch Donut Girl - Hahaha. I'll have you know that my head is of perfect normal size.

Kristen said...

Oh, so *that's* how your new pillow works.

Nice that your mommy got it for you. You didn't mention that in your tweet. Also didn't know about Pete.

Twitter is a nice supplement to your blog, but I'm glad to have the full story.

Dr Zibbs said...

Kristen - I agree. TBY is a helpful tool for clarifying tweets. If I ever get more time, maybe I'll write a blog post elaborating on EVERY tweet.

Gwen said...

Being cheap, I stack two Petes to make the equivalent of one Lil Fluff.

Dr Zibbs said...

Gwen - you should place a thin piece of black felt in the middle and make it a reverse oreo.

I dare you.

Chris said...

So you are now a fluffer?

JenJen said...

Zibbsy, this is a sweet post! All lovey towards Pete the Pancake Pillow.

Sweet pea.

Peggy said...

Dude, who bought the Christmas weed?

Dr Zibbs said...

JenJen - I will use Sweat Pea as it's nickname.

WendyB said...

" My old pillow was such a dick. It was all flat and used up." -- flat and used-up are sad words to be seen next to "dick"

Dr Zibbs said...

WendyB - I told you it was a sad ass pillow.

Caffeine Court said...

"All flat and used up..." wow. That really hurts. (You were talking about ME weren't you?)

Dr Zibbs said...

C Court - Wow. Everyone likes that flat and used up line. I may need to make that into a belt buckle or something.

Anonymous said...

Pillow suck. I have been on a mission to find the right pillow for 2 yrs now. No matter how much or how little you pay for them they end up flat and used up.
Still searching though.
BTW,,,,how you doin zibbs?

#1

Dr Zibbs said...

Anon - #1 - doing great. How about you?