Monday, December 28, 2009

Siamese Twins Art Contest Winners On My Famous West Chester Blog.

Remember that post I wrote about the Siamese Twins and one dies but it stays attached to the brother? To read it, click here

And then I asked people to draw pictures of the characters? I thought I would be flooded with submissions but then I remembered that when people have to do something that requires any effort they don't do it. But on the other hand, when they're getting something for free, everyone comes out of the woodwork. Like the time I gave readers nicknames last year.

Which is why - sadly - I only received two submissions.

So here we are. The runner up for this contest goes to a young man named Scope. Look at the beauty of this art! There is no way he took 30 seconds to throw it together. And if you use your imagination, it KIND OF looks like a Siamese twin and his dead brother. Not a ghost standing behind a shadow.




And the WINNER of the contest goes to a new blogger on the scene - KRISTEN from the blog Enough Hats For Everyone. Look at the hat on that fellow! And the recycling shirt? Nice touch. What's YOUR interpretation? How do YOU feel when you see this art?



And to collect the coveted prize, Kristen will have to email me a mailing address where I can mail it.

Congrats winners!

23 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

..Seriously Scope - how much time did you spend on this?

Kristen said...

WOO-HOO! I think we should do a new contest to see who can read backwards through art to decipher what my page-a-day calendar said. I'll be out celebrating this fabulous victory in the meanwhile...thank you for the honor.

Dr Zibbs said...

Kristen - and one question. What is Pong (the skeleton) wearing on his head?

Kristen said...

He's supposed to look like Bernie, so hair :( I also forgot to draw the arm to his eyeglasses. *sigh* art fail.

Kristen said...

Also, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but before I give you my address, what exactly will you be mailing me?

Dr Zibbs said...

Kristen - oh the Bernie hair.

As for the gift, it's a surprise. Since we'll probably meet at a Tweet up sometime or around town, I can give it to you then if you wish.

The choice is yours.

Kristen said...

Since there will be witnesses at a tweetup, let's just wait until then ;)

word ver: pocusta (probably what you were going to mail me)

Dr Zibbs said...

..Will do.

Not that the prize is 30 bags of leaves and then I drop them off on your lawn and call them "Compost starter" but that would be pretty funny.

Hmmm. Scope...what's your address?

Dr Zibbs said...

..Will do.

Not that the prize is 30 bags of leaves and then I drop them off on your lawn and call them "Compost starter" but that would be pretty funny.

Hmmm. Scope...what's your address?

Unknown said...

damn it, I got sidetracked by work and never got to whip something up.

Congrats to the winners! haha

Dr Zibbs said...

Alice - It's a decision that you're going to have to live with. It's going to be tough so you might want to consider counseling.

(Please record the sessions)

Scope said...

I think it took about 3.5 minutes. (PowerPoint opens slow) But that doesn't count the amount of time I spent recreating it because you couldn't copy the first one.

Dr Zibbs said...

Scope - and it was worth it. Hope you had a great Xmas.

Son of a Thomas said...

Man I actually did this whole airbrush thing on glass but when I took it to the scanner it broke.

I should still get an honorable mention though.

JenJen said...

Well Done!


oh hell.
my word ver: obamy.

nice.

Dr Zibbs said...

Son of a T - I read your comment on my bb earlier and was cracking up. Well done.

And uh...did you really make that? Yeah. You did.

Debbie said...

I'm impressed you received two entries! We are a lazy bunch out here. Great winners. Obviously, they have some talent.

Dr Zibbs said...

Hey Debbie - I guess it is pretty impressive.

diane said...

These are both great! I wish you would have drawing contests more often, I will definitely enter next time. :)

Dr Zibbs said...

Diane - I will hold you to it.

Creepy said...

That's so wrong, but friggin' hysterical! Well done, Kristen!

Dr Zibbs said...

Hi Creepy.

Anonymous said...

Nice one, Kristen :) Nice.