Thursday, December 10, 2009

You've GOT To Hear Dawn Langstroth. The Voice Of Angel.

As you may know, I love listening to my Ipod.

Sometimes I just need the soothing voices that only ladies like Karen Carpenter, Anne Murray and Norah Jones can provide.

It just soothes my heart. Kind of like when there's an escaped gorilla and they have to bring a violinist in to calm him down so the zoo keeper can get in close enough to shoot him with a tranquilizer dart. You know.

Well anyways, as you may have read in this post, Anne Murray's daughter Dawn Langstroth was reading my @FatherTwitter tweets and told her mom Anne Murray. And now they're BOTH followers*.

So I went onto the YouTube and on Dawn's website and you're not going to believe how great her voice is. I just can't believe how great she sounds! It almost makes me cry. I predict she's going to be a huge star.



*and not to brag but also @DrZibbs followers (stands up straighter and looks around to see if anyone is looking).

21 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Jesus Christ I just listened to it again. Could you imagined if she sung that on American Idol? She'd be the talk of the town.

Kristen said...

Yes, she has a very beautiful voice. I think I sing like that when I'm in the shower, but I know I really don't :(

Dr Zibbs said...

Kristen - I told you it was great.

Son of a Thomas said...

Bet she's huge in France.

Dr Zibbs said...

Son of A - she's just starting out. She's awesome!

Diane - Yup .

UberGrumpy said...

Lovely! She needs a bigger bookshelf though

Bloggin' Bama Girl said...

WOW! Color me impressed! You can hear her mother in her voice.

Dr Zibbs said...

Bloggin'Bama Girl - You can can't you..

Anonymous said...

Damn...great voice, huh?

Dr Zibbs said...

You can never go wrong here Anonymous. Never.

Unknown said...

ooohhh her voice gave me chills, either that or it is too damn cold in my office.

JenJen said...

really, very nice.

Dr Zibbs said...

Stacie's Madness - I know. I love it.

JenJen - I should have dedicated it to you. Too late though I guess.

JenJen said...

Here I come.

*snort*

The last song you dedicated to me, my friend, was "Fuck You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZm1TstpjQ

Dr Zibbs said...

JenJen - I told you the name of the song had nothing to do with the dedication. I used to have a "Friday Send Off Song" on this blog all the time.

JenJen said...

I know peanut.

Have a beer. Chill..... I said I was coming!

*wink*

Dr Zibbs said...

JenJen - wink right back

JenJen said...

No, you!

ChesterCo_PA said...

Who the hell is @FatherTwitter?

Former Fat Chick said...

why are you suprised she is so good, her Mom is FREAKIN Anne Murray, awesome, my Dad loves her, and I have heard all her records a bijillion times

Dr Zibbs said...

Former Fat - I'm not surprised at all. I just can't believe how great she sounds.