Monday, December 21, 2009

Is Rap As Crappy As I Think It Is. Lil Wayne. Worse That Polka.




Every generation hates the younger generation's music. I guess it's a tradition.

But most rap sucks. I like some rap, like Snoop. And some other stuff*. I have it on my Ipod. But a lot of the other stuff? It's awful!

Lil Wayne? Have you heard this nonsense? It's just terrible. I'm not saying it's offensive or "I don't get it" or anything like that. It's just terrible, terrible music. If you can even call it music.

You couldn't get a hippie off of the street in the 60's and put him in a rock band without anyone noticing but I swear that you could get a homeless guy and make him a rap star and nobody would notice. "Hey that guy's great!"

And maybe it's just that people like to hear rap for rap - like it's people talking to music but it really shouldn't be categorized as music. Can't it be in the spoken word category?

And don't EVEN try to say I'm racist. I love R & B. And I LOVE Funk. Most rap just sucks it.

If you don't believe me, check out one of the top rap stars. Please explain the talent to me after you hear this.

*I forget the name of it right now but...

22 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

..OK I've been drinking but I stand by this rant.

Hey..where's my shoe?

Who stole my shoeeee?

Dr Zibbs said...

..and one more thing. I can see if you're in a club and rap is on and you're getting into but..you know what I mean.

palthedog said...

My kids listen to lots of music including rap. Youtube the song "Be" by "Common" and then tell me you don't like rap. Oh yeah, I'm a 50 year old white chick!

Mr. Condescending said...

There's a lot of good rap music, just not on the radio.

Tempo said...

Hell yeah..Rap crap stinks! It makes no sense and is simply unlistenable.

Moooooog35 said...

You can't have 'crap' without 'rap.'

True story.

Dr Zibbs said...

Mooog - I'm making that into a T-shirt.

Dr Zibbs said...

Hey everyone! I just thought of something funny:

Sure. You can have rap but you can't have rap without first having the word crap. It's true.

See what I did there with the words?

CrotchPains said...

Just how much you been drinking today buddy...

Josh Almighty said...

Yeah, most rap is BS. But every once in a while there's this one dude you notice on the street talking to himself and smelling funny, and maybe it's not technically rap, but it's BS too.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Don't even get me started on this subject. The music industry is throwing money at shit. And when you throw money at shit, all you get is bigger shit!

http://www.madtexter.com/2009/05/dolla-dolla-bills-yall.html

Mr. Condescending said...

On mtv cribs, lil wayne was in his kitchen with all these granite counter tops, and he was completely confused about what granite was.

Tony Alva said...

Couldn't be said better... Shit like this is an insult to hip hop acts of yore that actually had talent and DJ's that actually LISTENED to records and bit beats from them vs using a shitty ass computer. NOTHING farted out in the last 10 years is worth a shit, don't EVEN trip. Give me a SINGLE example of something that gets even close to Eric B. & Rakin's 'Paid In Full' or 'Follow The Leader' and then we'll talk. Lil' Wayne is nothing but a douche...

Son of a Thomas said...

Couldn't agree more. There is some good stuff but the majority is just garbage.

Dr Zibbs said...

Tony Alva - nothing farted out..Good one.

Mrs. Hall said...

De La Soul (me myself and I), Beastie Boys (some of liscensed to ill and most everything after), Run DMC, Missy Elliot, QUEEN LATIFAH

are some of the stand outs that stand out in my mind. But they have talent and texture to their music. Lil' Wayne seems lacking in all of that.

and one more thing

DON'T BE HATIN ON POLKA YO!!!

JenJen said...

All this time and I thought "lil" was a word @mommakiss made up.

Damn.

Who the fuck is this guy? Who's big wayne?

Dr Zibbs said...

Mrs Holly - I ain't hatein' no polka. I love me some Schemenge Brothers.

Unknown said...

The newer rap isn't always good, but, if you haven't listened to The Roots yet, do it asap. It's some of the best out there. They are also Jimmy Fallon's house band now too. :) Trust me, you won't regret it.

Bloggin' Bama Girl said...

I'm with Zibbs on this one. I don't even consider it music, it's just a form of artistic expression that makes my ears bleed.

Former Fat Chick said...

Bitch, you just be OLD-

Listen to his first album -The Carter

For higher quality Rap- Jay-Z - The Black Album

My personal fav- Kanye West-The College Drop OUt

Dr Zibbs said...

Former Fat - aww no you did not!