Thursday, August 20, 2009

Real Dream I had About Roller Skating. Seinfeld Was There Too.




So here's the weird dream I had last night.

I was at a roller skating rink that was located inside of a private amusement park. They only let people who are great roller skaters onto the rink but other people were allowed to watch us.

My Nana was there - who died years ago but just about when I was going to say something to her my older sister says, "Oh my God. Your tie is tied so tight it's making your head look like a light bulb!" *

A light bulb?

I was like, "What do you mean it looks like a light bulb? What does that even mean?"

Then I asked my younger sister if my head looked like a light bulb and she said, "It actually does."

Meanwhile, my Nana was trying to get my attention. Just when I was about to say something to her I heard screams. It turns out that as people that had died were showing up at the roller rink, other people in the area were dropping dead. I guess to even things out. Who know?

And just as everyone was focused on all this craziness, someone says, "Look, Jerry Seinfeld and his family are at the park. But don't say anything to them, they want their privacy".

What does this dream mean? Does it mean....does it mean I'm gay?

*I have no idea why I was wearing a tie to roller skate instead of a royal blue satin jacket that says, "Born to Skate" - dreams are crazy like that.

26 comments:

ChesterCo_PA said...

I think we are all too perplexed to answer.

Dr Zibbs said...

ChesterCo_PA - read a few posts in and you'll really be perplexed.

Dr Zibbs said...

...I write this stuff and I'M perplexed sometimes.

Son of a Thomas said...

Stop eating before bed.

Some Guy said...

Yep. Gay.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Ummmm... I'd keep driving south...like right now!


- Jennifer

Frank Irwin said...

An incandescent light bulb, or a CFL bulb?

Anonymous said...

Was the light bulb a 100 watt or less?
Pretty freaking strange!

Trooper Thorn said...

I will need to know more about the music playeing before I can analyze. Was it 'My Sharona', 'Another One Bites the Dust' or 'In Cars"?

diane said...

Did the tie have stripes on it, or little mallard ducks?

Dr Zibbs said...

Trooper Thorn - I don't recall but I bet it was Funky Town by Lipps Inc.

Pearl said...

I don't think it means you're gay. I think it means you are curious.

Oh, wait. "Funky Town"? No. I guess it DOES mean you're gay.

:-)

Pearl

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

Bwhahahahahaaa....
I don't think it means you are gay. I think it means you see dead people.
Sleep with one eye open. You never know.

Dr Zibbs said...

Pearl - good one.

westchesterdead said...

True story: As I was walking up 6th Ave in Manhattan about 12 years ago, Jerry Seinfeld rolled past me on roller blades. Did I channel your dream 12 years before you dreamt it? Who the hell knows, but I can tell you they never should have let Seinfeld onto your dream roller skating rink, ‘cause he kinda sucked at it. No wonder why your tie was so tight that it made your head turn into a light bulb - mine would have asphyxiated me if I saw that Seinfeld guy on the Pro rink…..my head would have gone all fluorescent tube thin watching that jackass skate.

Irenelikewhoa said...

I own two different books on dreams and I found the following:

Skate: Good times are predicted by a dream of rollar skating. however, if you fell, it is a warning against trying to advance at the expense of others.

Lightbulb: signifies new knowledge that will of monetary value if you make the best use of it.

Death in dreams announces freedom from anxiety

Dead-folks: to dream of talking to the dead is a good, auspicious dream, and signifies a boldness of courage, and a very clear conscience.

The Jules said...

Brain aneurysm?

Cancer?

Cheese?

Hope this helps.

Moooooog35 said...

Hey..at least your dream is only nudging you towards coming out of the closet.

Took a dick in my ass for me to realize it.

That I'm not gay.

Not gay.

I'll stop now.

Cowguy said...

I dunno what it means, but it's a freakin' incredible dream that could be made into a metal band video.

SkylersDad said...

I am an expert on dreams, and this one doesn't mean you are gay, it just means you smoke too much crack.

Dr Zibbs said...

Cowguy - you are wise.

WendyB said...

If I wasn't in it, it wasn't a good dream.

Dr Zibbs said...

Wendy B - you've got a good point.

Distributorcap said...

see - a dream about nothing

ÄsK AliCë said...

I think it means that you need to get new tires on your car. Seriously those treads are practically paper thin.

trilee33 said...

If it was a blue light bulb, I'd chalk it up to lack of oxygen...As for the skating, maybe you were Scott Hamilton...I don't think anyone knows for sure the level of his gayness.