Monday, August 10, 2009

BBQ Beef Recipe For The Crock Pot That's Easy And Tasty.




If you're looking for the most simple thing to cook that's going to taste great, here's the thing for you. Even if you can't cook - you can do this. Note that the picture I took didn't turn out so the picture above is stolen...but that's what it will look like.

BBQ Beef Sandwiches.

Ingredients:

Chuck Roast
Pepper
Salt
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Dark Beer (beef stock as a substitute)
Onions
BBQ Sauce (1/2 cup)
Worchestershire Sauce - 1 tablespoon
Mustard - 3 tablespoons

- Cut off pieces of fat from meat. Cut meat into about 4 - 8 pieces.

- Season the meat with the seasonings mentioned above.

- Sear all sides of meat in a frying pan.

- Put it in a crock pot with the other ingredients mentioned above. Add a generous portion of the seasonings, the beer, BBQ sauce and onions.

Cook in crock pot on high for 9 hours but check your crock pot. Newer crock pots take a bit less time and you can cook on low. You know when it's done when you can pull the meat apart with two forks.

When done, you may need to add a bit more BBQ sauce to the meat. Put the meat on rolls, top with coleslaw and ENJOY!

21 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

And for the record, I do feel bad that I stole the photo but I couldn't find my camera.

Whata ya gonna do?

Dr Zibbs said...

P.S. When it's done, use your fork to pull the meat apart so it looks shredded like in the stolen picture above.

Anonymous said...

Look at YOU, food blogging! Thanks for the recipe!

Tom said...

That looks so good. Unfortunately I don't have the ingredients so now I will have to go out and try to find me one of those somewhere.
I'm thinkin Zibbs.

Gwen said...

Wow. That looks fantastic. I do a similar dish but I'm intrigued by the spices you use - sounds more flavorful than mine.

I like to put muenster cheese and dill pickle slices on mine.

Oh, God, I am so hungry now.

SweetPeaSurry said...

Mmmm that looks divinely delish!!!

If the actual recipe I post on my blog doesn't have a picture with it, I will steal a photo of what I THINK recipes should look like when it's finished. I have yet to be called out on it though, I should probably put a disclaimer in my blog.

I'm trying this in the slow cooker, gods I love those things.

blessings!

Chemgeek said...

I assume the recipe calls for 13 ounces of beer...for obvious reasons, of course.

diane said...

If you don't have a crock pot, in a covered casserole in the oven at about 200 degrees for 4-5 hours works. Or stovetop in a big covered pot between low and med low.

Now I'm starving, thanks a lot.

Prunella Jones said...

Delicious and simple is always "a good thing."

Thanks, Martha.

Charmaine said...

You may browse through the internet for several recipes that you can cook and prepare for your customers or even your own family gatherings at home. This is one way to find for the excellent food dishes to enjoy your meals.

Dr Zibbs said...

Prunella -are you saying yor real name is Martha?

erin said...

We had crock pot extra spicy hot sausage last night for dinner...and tomorrow is shredded chicken in the crock pot for tacos.

I guess we're doing so much crock potting because it's hot?

Real Live Lesbian said...

Oh hell to the yes! Pass the potato salad!

Cameron said...

A Dr and a chef? What's next, expert ski instructor?

Dr Zibbs said...

Cameron - tight rope walking instructor.

CrotchPains said...

Since when is beef stock a suitable substitute for beer??

"Hey guys: wanna come ver for pizza and cold beef stock?"

Maybe a the Zibbs household, but not mine....

Dr Zibbs said...

CrotchPains - Here's my imitation of you cooking:

(Stirs pan of anything the wife is cooking) OK. I Just cooked.

Remember, I know you.

SkylersDad said...

This sounds great, thanks for the tip.

LYDIA said...

I think I will make this tomorrow :) Thanks Zibbs

Dr Zibbs said...

The beautiful Lydia! Great to hear from you.

Let me know how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

I made this and it was really delicious and really easy! Thanks!