Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Various Things About Food And Me...Dr Zibbs. Non Robot Stuff.



So in response to Whiskey Marie I will now talk about various food related things. Feel free to do a similar list and link to your list in the comments:

What food makes you sick?: Beets. I can't even stand the smell of them.

What is a food habit that you can't stand?: People that have to sniff their food before eating it. Not a simple smell followed by, "this smells great", it's a sniff as if they think something might be in the food that's bad.

What food habit did your sister used to have growing up that you couldn't stand?: She used to eat one potato chip at a time then quickly lick each finger and her thumb before getting another chip. I know she was doing it just to annoy me but she never admitted it.

What food cracks you up?: The zucchini and the cucumber. Especially when they're sitting in a work kitchen and you hear people say, "Look at the size of this cucumber!" It's just so phallic that it cracks me up. I must admit that whenever I have a cucumber and my wife is near I can't resist sneaking up behind her, rubbing it on her and groaning. She never finds it as funny as I do.

What vegetable couldn't you live without? : Onions.

Food gadgets you remember as a child?: There was the hot air popcorn machine with the built in butter melter that my mom got with green stamps. And the hot dog cooker that looked like a space age toy with prongs that the wieners would be inserted into. They always tasted like terrible.

Food that was hidden, then discovered on the top shelf of your room?: Hot dogs with paper towel used for handle. Hot dogs were all my brother would eat for a while. When he got sick of them he would throw them on our top shelf.

Without mentioning robots, how do you think cooking in the future will be better?: I can't wait until they can breed pigs that can cook each other. Like they'll be three pigs and they'll draw straws. The loser gets cooked by the other two while you sit on your deck and watch.
Then what will you do with the other two pigs?: Uh...Robots will cook them?

What is an annoying thing that bothers you about women and food?: I hate the women that go on and on about dessert. Especially when you're eating with a crowd and they answer the waiter by saying, "Oh there's ALWAYS room for dessert." There is? Then quit blabbin' about your diet so much when you're so into dessert.

Food you once projectile vomited after being wasted, drinking 151 then eating 4 of them? Ring Dings.

Are there other food questions you want answered? Ask me in the comments area.

25 comments:

The Peach Tart said...

I love the two pigs cooking the other pig while you sit on your deck. I want some of those for myself.

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm saddened that you don't love beets as I do, but I am very intrigued by the self-cooking pigs idea. Pure genius- you're redeemed.

Oddly enough, my husband doesn't find it the least bit funny when I do the cucumber thingy to him. Go figure.

Dr Zibbs said...

Hmmm. Maybe I'll drop everything I'm doing and start training pigs.

diane said...

What's the one food that always disappoints you in restaurants?

Dr Zibbs said...

Diane - crab cakes are always a dissapointment. I love lump crab meat but crab cakes are never good.

Verdant Earl said...

Magic Hat makes a beer brewed with sugar from beets called Wacko. It's okay. Nothing to write home about.

J.J. in L.A. said...

I am soooo with you on the smell of beets!!! My mom puts a crapload in her salad every day for dinner and it makes me nauseous. Not. Fun.

Dr Zibbs said...

JJ - yeah it might be the stank of beets more than anything.

J.J. in L.A. said...

I don't like the taste (I'll try almost anything once) but it's definately the stink.

Btw, I'll have my list up tomorrow.

Gwen said...

Beets. UGH! They taste like dirt and stain your clothes.

What would you eat for a "last meal"?

Megan said...

Lot of stuff about hot dogs...

Dr Zibbs said...

Megan - lots? There were only 2 hot dog mentions in this post..

Vodka Mom said...

wait, you look a little bit familiar......it's on the tip of my tongue...



ZIBBS!!! I thought perhaps you'd moved.......:-)

Son of a Thomas said...

You just reminded me of an old post I did where I wanted to breed pigs with slight fevers to the point where they eventually cook themselves.

Dr Zibbs said...

Son of A - repost it.

Tom said...

Zibbs, you crack me up. I enjoy it when you talk about food. You could always start a food blog if you wanted to. You and I are so similar yet so different. I don't mind beats, but I can't stand onions.

I'm with you on the women and dessert deal. I have noticed that too.

slopmaster said...

ha, everyone has done the drunk vomiting now you cant eat it thing. mine was Oreo Os. I dont think they make them anymore

Anonymous said...

This post was extremely phallic, between hotdogs and cucumbers!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

You never cease to remind me of vintage memories.

Green stamps?? good times.

Zibsy your mind is like a perfect little time capsule...

Mrs. Hall said...

Would you ever use a salad shooter?

Do you like regular dill pickles or the bread and butter kind?

Are you a sharp cheddar cheese fan, if so why/why not?

Can you make crepes?

What, in your opinion, is velveeta made of?

Ok, good...

Are Ring Dings like mini chocolate cakes?

I once threw up chocolate cake (I was preggies and dammit I threw up every thing for the first four months). It really really really burned when it came out my nose.

good times, good times. . . ..

Tuesday Taylor said...

Hi Yak,
Just wondering why you chose the zucchini as your photo today?

Dr Zibbs said...

Candy - If I'm reading that right, you're saying that I'm smart.

Mrs Holly Hall - Would never use a salad shooter because I'm a fast chopper and it's a stupid gadget.

I like lots of diff kinds of pickles.

I like sharp cheddar but it's one of the more boring cheeses.


I've never tried to make crepes but I'm sure I could do it.

Velveeta? No idea.

Ring Dings are mini chocolate round devil foodish cakes with a chocolate coating and white creamy goodnesss on the inside. But as I've mentioned before on TBY I think they changed the recipe.

Dominica said...

What food(s) do you avoid because it causes flatulence ?? :-O

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

What would be your last meal? Of course if you could choose anything and were not restricted by the penal system.

Dr Zibbs said...

Cal - I'd go with a rib eye steak (seasoned butter), some Crawfish augrautin (sp), some peanut butter pie and the best cab available (to prisoners)