Sunday, June 17, 2012

Song Memories. Nazareth. Love Hurts. ELO. Huge Bulge. Peirce Middle School.

Some songs of my youth and their memories. What are your memories of these?

Nazareth - "Love hurts" - When this song comes on I always think of a seventh grade dances and being to shy too ask a girl to dance. Standing in the corner...yearning.....But looking back why would they play this song as a dance song anyway? NOW who looks stupid? Depressing.



ELO - "Turn to Stone" - This reminds me of 8th grade. Hicknut - this kid in the neighborhood  - liked this chick named Maria and he would change the lyrics to "Turn to stone...when Maria was gone...." Oh and always claimed girls were trying to get a glimpse of his "huge bulge." Yeah OK Hicknut.



James Brown - "Sex Machine" - No great memory here other than I love this song and I have it on a CD called Funky Stuff. Check out my man's suit!





8 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

...Now lets slow dance to Love Hurts.

Jill said...

Yeah, because "Love Hurts" is a great message to be sending to seventh graders! Why wait for them to figure it out for themselves?!?!? :-)

Dr Zibbs said...

Jill good point

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of girls letting us rub their asses through their jeans and we would get little woodies, haha.

Furtheron said...

Nazareth - memories... Broken Down Angel was my favourite from them...

They are still going with Dan on vocals, I think the bass player is the original as well... !

Dr Zibbs said...

Furtheron - look at you knowing their history.

Furtheron said...

They were one of my brothers favourites when we were early teens - led to our decent into rock really :-) He roped me into going to see them a little while back - that is how I know there are still going... I've been there! They formed back in the 60s they've been there nearly as long as the Stones!

Dr Zibbs said...

Furtheron - Really? Excellent. I thought maybe they were around since the early seventies.