Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuna Hoagie Incident. TRUE STORY. The Old Switcharoo.



Wait till you hear this. Do you see that sandwich above? It's the tasty Bobbie from Capriotti's Sandwich Shop in Exton. Roasted turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce. Trust me. It's really good.

So here's what happened. I had one the other day and since I'm not a pig I ate one half and saved the other half to bring to work. Next day I bring it to work and put it in the work fridge. Lunchtime comes and I eagerly reach into the fridge, pull out the hoagie and open it. Anticipation.

What?? What the?? Who replaced my Bobbie with a tuna hoagie?! God damn it! Someone at my house must have eaten my Bobbie or moved it and I accidently grabbed my son's tuna hoagie from my home fridge and brought it in! And I open up the tuna hoagie and guess what is covering the tuna? Jalapenos! Who the F covers their tuna hoagie with jalapeno? And the jalapeno's were carefully placed on the sandwich as if when my son ordered it he instructed the sandwich artist to line the jalapeno's up perfectly. And it it was a Subway sandwich too. Maybe it was Jared's stupid idea. And I hate Subway.

Well I'm hungry so I decide to eat it. Not THAT bad. But halfway through I get grossed out because what if it's a few days old? Or my son left it in the car for a while? I've got this fear about eating old or gross fish. So after a few bites I just chuck the thing in the trash.

A few hours pass and a light bulb goes off over my head. Could it be? No. Well I better go check. I go to the work fridge, reach in and pull out a bag that's been pushed to the very back. I open it and see the red stain of cranberry coming through the paper. I didn't eat my son's sandwich I hate a fellow employee's sandwich!! WHAAAA?!

Then I was all paranoid they were going to try and track down who did it. As if I just opened the fridge and said, "I wonder what I should eat today? Oh. A tuna hoagie. That should do the job."  I'm just glad the tuna hoagie owner didn't see me eating it. How do you get out of that one?

The next day I was telling a friend about what happened and we were laughing so hard that later I made up this fake sign and told her it was taped to the work fridge and I emailed it to her.

"Please DO NOT throw out or eat food that is not yours. If your unsure if it is yours please ask! Thanks."

After we had a good laugh I told her I wrote it. Then we laughed even harder. Note the spelling error I added to the note (ie: "yours").

I love this note because it makes it as though the person who had their sandwich eaten thinks people are so dumb that they might forget what they actually brought in for lunch therefore have to "ask around" to double check. "Hmm. Did I bring a peanut butter sandwich, a yogurt or a chicken pot pie? I forget."


19 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

I wonder if this story is hard to follow?

Dr Zibbs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candy's daily Dandy said...

Yours is spelt wrong? Did I miss something?

Dr Zibbs said...

Candy - the one "your" should be "you're"

Gage1 said...

good cover, I hope you posted that note!

Heff said...

EVERY work place has an asshole that eats the co-worker's food.

Glad to know YOU'RE IT.

Dr Zibbs said...

Heff - THIS case was an accident but I have been known to smush a sandwich of a woman I used to work with that was an A-hole.

Anonymous said...

My co-worker drank my coke the other day. He bought another one after I busted his ass but I was only kidding and I told him. He drank it after me. What if I had wiped my ass with my mouth or something?

Dr Zibbs said...

BamaTrav - He did it on purpose? What the hell?

Heff said...

Lol.

I always went with broken-up match tips in the ends of their cigarettes, myself. LMAO !

Dr Zibbs said...

Heff - I like your style.

Nerdy Cyberchick said...

Why would anybody put jalapenos on tuna? Gross.

Anonymous said...

glad to see youre spelling is consistently bad both in the hand-written form and typing.

Scope said...

If someone is regularly stealing your food, mess with them.

A bet a Band-Aid or a big loop of dental floss in the sandwich will make them think twice next time.

Dr Zibbs said...

Scope - or a clump of hair.

Kristen said...

Oh this is so funny. Love everything about this post.

p.s. I had my first bobbie two weeks ago.

Dr Zibbs said...

Thanks Kristen. I had a good laugh over this whole incident. And the Bobbie is great!

gorilabuns.com said...

This made me laugh so hard! Even more, when I was a vegetarian, I used to put jalapeno's on my tuna sandwiches.

Dr Zibbs said...

GB - Glad you liked it!