Friday, June 22, 2012

Worst Book Covers. Lezbo Horse Stories. Basset Hound Hair.

Let's take a look at some book covers. Here we go....



I can see making a lamp out of your grandmother but this is widicalous! 


I swear I'm not making this up but when my son was five my aunt sent this to my son as a present. "OK I'm going to read this to you but do not...I repeat DO NOT ever call a black person Sambo. You're five now so I'm trusting you to listen."



Gay time eh? Looks like the guy painting is the "butt" of the joke...Naaaaa. Naaaaaa. Naaaaaaaaaaaa.


What the?? Ahhhhhhhhh! I'd like to get this book and sneak into people's houses and wake them up while holding this a foot from their faces.



Now DIS I gotsta read!

Man: Baby don't walk away...baby! Jesus has something he wants to tell you!

Little Person Satan: Excellent. She's falling right into my trap.

12 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

...the art on that last book is so great!!

Choleesa said...

OH MY GOSH!! If you ever get to reading that book of lesbian horses, please pass my way when you are done!!!!

Suze said...

I don't think I've seen or heard the word, 'lezbo,' since I was in the 9th grade.

sybil law said...

Hahahaha
Man. Good shit. :)

Dr Zibbs said...

suze - I love that word. Mean it in a good way.

sybil - Thanks girl.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

WTF?? Gay painting? You know that one was a joke that the homophobic publisher pushed through.

Lesbo horse stories? Now there's a best seller.

And little black sambo? I loved that story. The tiger turns into butter.

Yup. Good shit here Zibsy

Dr Zibbs said...

Thanks Candy.

Furtheron said...

Didn't know you got Lesbian Horses... learn something new everyday

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

My parents read me "Little Black Sambo" as a kid, and I turned out mostly not racist.

He makes the tigers chase him in a circle and turns them into pudding and eats the fuckers. Something like that . . .

Dr Zibbs said...

Furtheron - you can tell from their sensible shoes.

Dr K - Yeah I think he would have been fine.

Dominica said...

I'm a knitter myself but that first book cover really abominates me ! WTF ????

Dr Zibbs said...

Dominica - I know right??