Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm Racist When It Comes To Dogs. Chester County Ugly Dog.


The other night I'm upstairs and I hear my son come in. Then I hear a tiny dog bark.

I perk up. Whu???

It sounded almost like a cute puppy bark. So I run downstairs all excited, turn the corner and..... *cue the loser music for the Price is Right* "Bum-Bum-Babuuuuuumm Waaaaaaaa"

It wasn't a cute puppy. It was a scraggly old cockapoo. With a bad haircut. And it was just walking away from me. It's saggy, discolored sphincter staring me in the face. Mocking me. Pure disappointment. It turns out my son saw it walking around outside. He eventually found the owner that night.

But as for petting it? No thanks. I think I'm just racist against some dog breeds. Not that I hate them but I just don't care about them. And I'm a dog lover too. Of the important breeds*.

I love dogs (some breeds) so much that if I go to somebody's house and I see a dog I'll practically push them aside to go play with the dog. But this saggy sphincter dog? No. I'm just as likely to walk into somebody's house, see a hamster and run over to the cage and be like, "Whoa! Who's this little guy? Hey buddy. What are you doing in there? Look! He's thinking about going on his wheel!! I can just tell! You guys go outside I'm just going to wait here and watch him run on his wheel for a while."

I know. It might be wrong but if you're judging me doesn't that make YOU a people racist? *holds up mirror to your face*

*Like the Newfoundland dogs you see above. I would love to get one of those someday.

14 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Man I seriously want to pet that Newfoundland.

JMUmonty said...

Princess loves you.

Dr Zibbs said...

JMU - she was coming around at the end. Right??

E said...

I definitely prefer big dogs. By a lot. Medium dogs are okay.

Anonymous said...

Don't let the Orientals know that.

Dr Zibbs said...

E - me too.

Bama - I wont.

Choleesa said...

Im sorry but if the canine aint the right size, then it just aint a dog....its a rat........

Dr Zibbs said...

Choleesa - Yup. Pretty much so.

Kristen said...

Thought I was the only weirdo who pushes past people just to pet their dogs.

Don't care for shitzus though. (can't even spell it)

Dr Zibbs said...

Kristen - You do?

And I have a friend who has a relative with a Shitzu. She refers to it as "The Piece of Shitzu" Haha!!!

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

My friend at work was so proud of his new puppy:
Me: "What kind(s) is it?"
Friend (snooty voice): "It's a Bichon Frisee." *shows me a picture.*
Me (gags): "Oh. That's a nice Frizzy Bitch."

Ba dum bump

I am all about the mutts. :)
Ba-Dum-Bump

Dr Zibbs said...

Dawn - Ha. I hate those dogs too.

Elle Sees said...

never seen them before

Dr Zibbs said...

Elle - seen what? A bichon fris?