Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thoughts On Chicken Wings. Best Wings Chester County. Landmark Americana.


Where are the best wings in Chester County? I think I have to say at Landmark Americana in West Chester (see picture below*). But I have some thoughts on wings. Unlike pizza where you can have terrible pizza and great pizza, with wings there are good wings and really good wings. It's really hard to make them bad and I rarely eat them and think, "these are so great!" Or what I usually do which is go on and on about how great something is. Annoying everyone that I'm with.

I think the Landmark Americana wings stand out because they're crispier than most wings. So when you take a bite you pull a piece of the skin off. Like a caveman. Getting at the tender flesh. And the sauce is good. Another thing is this - (look at the picture below) - Do you see the plate? Nice white, square plate for the presentation. Good blue cheese dressing (not ranch). And most importantly fresh, crisp celery. 

This is a pet peeve of mine. If you serve me wings I don't want carrot sticks. And I don't want limp celery or two little 2" pieces of celery. 

And one more thing. Serve your wings with a wet wipe like Landmark does. They got it down.



*If you're wondering what kind of beer that is it's a Victory Beer Prima Pils. One of my favorite beers. 

8 comments:

Choleesa said...

I agree with you about the wings...
There are no bad ones.......no, I lie, wings are only good when served with a very large, iced cold beer..... or else, why bother?

Farfalla Dreams ~ Lisa Marie Farfalla said...

Now I'm CRAVING wings!!! haha Thanks for sharing! ;)

Nicki Elson said...

That looks sooo yummy. And yes, a wet wipe definitely makes wing eating a better experience. The beer doesn't hurt either. ;)

Dr Zibbs said...

Faralla - Well let's go get some. And thanks for stopping by.

Dr Zibbs said...

Nicki - and you too! Welcome to my blog.

Gage1 said...

Funny, I'd rather have the carrots and NO celery!

Dr Zibbs said...

TC - not a fan.

Andrea said...

Now I want wings too. I will have to try Landmark's wings. In the at home wing department, we just tried the target brand wings and they were INEDIBLE. And I like a lot of Target brand stuff, we had some other frozen app of theirs that was really good. Now, in the GOOD at home wing category, the Friday's CRISPY style honey bbq wings are the most delicious ever. You bake them and THEN add the sauce, and it's wonderful.

I obviously really like talking about wings too.