Friday, August 29, 2008

1970's Am Radio Ideal Commercial - Philly and NJ


"It's not a fancy salon - it's just a quonset hut." If these words sound familiar, you listened to AM radio in the Philly and New Jersey area in the 1970's. This radio spot was on all the time. The classic line was, "Take the wheel of you automobile and swing on down to....Ideal."

Apparently it was on Route 30 - the White Horse Pike in Jersey in Hammonton. Even though my mom had a passion for fashion AND a craving for savings, I don't think we ever went there. It probably had something to do with the quonset hut - it sounds too foreign and different.
To here the song, click the word SAVINGS

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm a sucker for old jingles like that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'll have that stuck in my head all day !

Remember WFIL radio and the Boss Chicks?

#1

Dr Zibbs said...

Enc: and there's more where that came from. I've been putting more Youtuble vids up on the weekends because some of the big babies say they can't play vids at work.
Phlly: I remember WFIL but who are the Boss Chicks? Were they the chicks with the Krass Brothers?

Anonymous said...

Dr Zibbs, they were girls dressed up in hot pants, drove around in a camero and did promotions for WFI.
I know and remember this because my brother worked there for a while
I might even still have a pic of the car, will look for it !!

#1

Dr Zibbs said...

Philly, sounds good. Why don't you post it. Also, Why do you always write #1 at the end of your post? Are you saying I'm #1? Probably

Anonymous said...

Dr.--LOL

If you READ our blog we are 2 sisters who run the blog.We thought with 2 of us we could keep the postings interesting. #1 is in Philly, #2 is in Florida.

http://menapausalmama.blogspot.com/2008/05/holy-crappers.html

#1

Dr Zibbs said...

Philly, I gotcha. So guess Sista #2 is the other one.