Wednesday, August 27, 2008

West Whiteland Moving Truck Nonsense


Jokes on the road should be illegal*. I snapped this picture in West Whiteland the other day. It's a moving truck with the image of a guy waving, decaled on the back. Do you think that old people ever see this moving truck and this happens:

Edna: Oh my God Ernie, that young man's gonna fall out of that truck!

Ernie: What? Hey he can't do that!

Edna: You better stop at a phone booth to call the 911.

Ernie: (leaning out window) HEY YOU. ENOUGH OF THE HORSE PLAY!

Edna: Don't taunt him. He might have a knife.

Ernie: Knife-smife. That guy is creating a hazard on the road. PULL OVER!

Edna: Oh my God he's stopping.

Ernie: That smart aleck is smiling. What's he smiling at?
Edna: Oh my God he's probably selling something. ERNIE DRIVE! DRIVE! DRIVE!

*One time I was driving down the road and glanced over at a truck and there was a rubber leg hanging out as "a joke". I swear my heart almost stopped.

19 comments:

Falwless said...

Hahahahahahaha

ERNIE DRIVE! DRIVE! DRIVE!

Anonymous said...

Rarely do I get the uncontrollable chuckles when reading blogs, but this one made me lose it, HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

Dr Zibbs said...

Mr Bomber: I'm glad I could be of service. But seriously, you think this crap is better than the Chris Burke post? Whatever.

Gwen said...

The driver of the moving truck was even fooled - he's driving into that tree to try to knock the guy off. A very dangerous game, indeed.

Falwless said...

Dr Z, for real, don't listen to Poo. Chris Burke was gold. Seriously. It's gonna be a while before you can top that shit.

Dr Zibbs said...

Falwless: A while till I can top it? I'm searching for another pickle joke as we speak.

Anonymous said...

Chris Burke?

I may have missed that one. Please link and I shall never ask another favor from you, unless I need money.

Dr Zibbs said...

Poo, scroll down 3 stories to the birthday boy story. That's the Chris Burke story.

Falwless said...

It's three posts down, silly!

Some Guy said...

Judging by your grasp of old-fart phrase-ology, I'd guess your transition into senior citizenhood is going to be a smooth one.

Mnmom said...

Ernie, take out your .45! He looks dangerous!!

Anonymous said...

This post was more betterer. I'm still laughing. From hours ago. And after a nap even.

Anonymous said...

Howdy neighbor! I thought you might live in West Chester when I saw a post about the Lionshare diner near where I work! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I will now be an avid stalker of your hilarious blog!

Lyla Lou said...

The only thing that would've made this post any more hillarious is if I were drunk. Oh wait. I am. Too funny.

Elizabeth said...

I've seen those joke "legs." And arms, too.

"Horse Play." haw haw!

Rider said...

I stopped traffic on my street and invited strangers into my house to read the Chris Burke post. That one was comedy gold. (I could've written this in that post's comments, but I'm too lazy to scroll more than three days down.)

Dr Zibbs said...

Rider, thanks. No problem bringing totally unrelated subjects up in any post. I do it all the time. As a batter of fact, could you tap "Some Guy" on the shoulder up there above you and ask him to leave his recipe for making homemade beef jerky in my comments area?

ÄsK AliCë said...

Some Guy makes homemade beef jerky?

I love beef jerky.

I love how their names are Edna and Ernie - so perfect

McGone said...

I've heard a lot of talk lately about a fantastic Chris Burke post. Does anyone know where I might find that?