You'd think that being famous myself - it wouldn't be that big of a deal that I've had interactions with other famous people. It's really nothing to me, but for some of the reader's that are nobodies - you kind of like to live vicariously through me. You know who you are. Celebs I've met (part 1) here goes:
- Gorilla Monsoon (all star wrestler) - Got into a wrestling match in New Jersey by following him in the side door. Told bouncers - we're with the Gorilla. They bought it.
- Steven Wright (comedian) - Met him when I was doing stand-up comedy in the late 80's. Made him laugh from the stage. The club was the comedy works in Philly.
- Sally Jessie Raphael *- met and spoke with at ABC dinner. She hugged me. Smells like you think she would.
- Winnie and Kevin Arnold's brother (from Wonder Years)* - Met them at the an ABC event in Philly at the Museum of Natural Science. She was cute. He was short and dopey but had a 6 foot girlfriend that looked like a model. He told me he had some "projects" he was working on. I knew his days were numbered.
- The guy that was in a dance competition against the Fonz on Happy Days -recognized him at a bar that used to be in Exton called the First Edition. I approached him.
- Lisa Robertson (QVC host) - Saw her a few times when I was at meetings at QVC. Then, since she also lives in West Chester, I've run into her at the Exton Mall, Wawa and other locations. She says hi because I think she thinks she knows me. I'm trying to get up the nerve to say, "So Lisa, what about that thing we were talking about last time? What's goin' on with that thing?" - Just to see what she says . She's HOT.
- The kid that was on the first episode of Cheers before the first commercial starts. He was also on a short lived sitcom where he was a teenager and Ann Jillian was a ghost - recognized him at a club. I approached him and he seemed kind of thrilled that ANYONE recognized him.
- The red headed girl with curly hair from Head of the Class* - met her at ABC TV function. Had some drinks with her. She was pretty cool.
- Amy Steele (actress from Friday the 13th and she was Alex P. Keaton's first boink) - She was the sister of a guy I went to Henderson High School with. When I met her the Bar Restaurant in West Chester, I lied and told her I just got a call back from Wrigley's Gum for a commercial. She was interested to hear about the details and I was too embarrassed to tell her I was just kidding so I made a bunch of stuff up.
- Captain and Mrs Noah (Philly 70's TV celebs) -met at ABC function. Very grandfatherly.
- Chief Halftown (Philly 70's TV celebs) - He was in teepee at Dorney Amusement Park. It was kind of sad.
- John Heinz - (dead PA senator and heir to Heinz fortune) - shook his hand at Exton Mall when I was in 5th grade. He died in a helicopter crash 16 years later. Coincidence?
What celebs have YOU met? Leave in comments area of my blog. Don't even think about lying either.
*(picture to follow - once I find them)