Thursday, August 28, 2008

West Chester Blogger Endorses Missing Palmer West Video


One of the bloggers on my blogroll is JDizzle from the blog Hometown Hangover. She's the one I mentioned that's from West Chester but we've never met. Anywho, she and her husband did this unbelievable stop motion video for a band called Missing Palmer West (they even have a cello* in the band). They just performed in Philly. I'm about 95% sure that her husband is the singer.

Anyway, the song is very touching. That's correct, I DON'T have a heart of black coal. It sounds a bit like the Beatles but there's another group that it reminds me of that I can't place. Let me know in the comments who you think they sounds like.

So go check out the TBY endorsed video and don't forget to tell her Zibbs sent you. To view it click: here.

*Look at the picture of the cello above. Knowing that the picture is undoctored, look at what the one area is called. Yup. The "F-hole."

7 comments:

Falwless said...

Interesting. I have a "Belly," "Tailpiece" and "F-Hole," as well.

rcubed said...

I think it sounds a little like Death Cab...but I've been told I have a tin ear. Also, my F-Hole may or may not be plugged up.

Gwen said...

I've always wondered what people meant when they said they were "trying to cover their nut." Now I know what it is! They're covering up the neck of their cello.

But why? Is it dirty or something?

Chris said...

It reminded me of the slow parts of Uncle Albert.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

I like that a lot. Reminds me of one of my favourite bands, The Delgados. They were Scottish, then they split up. Isn't that always the way?

Also: Who'd have known cellos were so filthy? Look at the end, it has something called a 'pegbox', which sounds dirty to me too; "I'd peg her in the box, no mistaking."

Anonymous said...

So I just Googled "sex with instruments". Apparently people don't have sex with instruments (or at least they don't write about it on the internet). People fuck dolphins, I thought for sure someone would get a little frisky with a chello.

I'm not sure if I'm reassured in the human race or terribly let down.

I think let down.

Or maybe I should just be embarrassed that was actually entered in my search field.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you that I was a neighbor of yours. Shout out to Frazer.