Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm Proud That There Are People Who Have Courage



See. You did it. In my last post, I asked for at least three voice messages on the old Snapvine recorder - or the SVR - and you did it. Now isn't it great to have the added bonus of some voices on this blog?

I'm surprised how many people thought they had to leave these great messages. I guess since I set the standard so high, everyone thought that they had to leave these unbelievable, rehearsed messages. If you try to live up to impossible standards, you'll always fail. Are we clear with that ..(holding your chin and making you look into my eyes while I talk like Mike Brady).. I said are we clear with that?

It's like if you came to my castle and you were served the most unbelievable gourmet meal, while drinking the finest wine and were entertained by barely clothed dancers (normal height) and dwarfs. Then, the following week when I arrived at your trailer I was served a Suzi-Q on a paper plate and entertained by watching Mama's Family on VHS. Even if you wanted to do Mama's Family scene studies because "Paw likes to see various interpretations of his story" - I wouldn't complain. I'd be happy with the fact that you tried. No matter how sad it was. We're. All. Different.

So from now on, get comfortable with the old SVR. I will probably delete messages every once and a while to keep things fresh. So move into the space age and accept this new technology. Just give it shot and say hello. Jot that number down now so you can call when you're good and drunk. Remember, you can delete your message before sending it if you get chicken - BWAKK BWAK BWAK!

15 comments:

Sass said...

Now that you've had your way with your fans, can you give a girl some input? ;)

Anonymous said...

done



peace
#2

sj said...

i'm a little worried about myself after reading your post because i totally love it when a guy holds my chin and talks to me. i find it sexy.

so now i'm seeing mike brady in a whole new way. and i'm also thinking that i have seriously repressed issues.

i think i may need therapy.

Son of a Thomas said...

Can you get falw to talk dirty on that thing. That would be good thank you.

Slyde said...

oh cool! im gonna have some fun with this!

Dr Zibbs said...

OK. These messages are great!!! Sista #2? You need to get a job in voice overs because that's the sexiest voice I've EVER heard. Anita - which I think is Gwen - we need to do some sketches together. Great job everyone!

Elizabeth said...

I believe you are making fun of me with that "BWAKK BWAK BWAK!" stuff, and that isn't going to encourage me to act any faster, fella.

whoissecretdubai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Moooooog35 said...

Mama was hot.

Nothing says "sexy" like 18 inch long boobs and support hose.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Gwen called you a ninny. That's funny!!

Have a Great Day!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

- Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I love Suzy Q's, and Mama's Family, but I also like the finer things...

The answering machine thingy's a fun idea - I liked your post though... Funny!

Miss Alex said...

First of "..(holding your chin and making you look into my eyes while I talk like Mike Brady).. "

BAHHAHAH...

second... tongiht when i'm drunk you're in trouble LOL

Anonymous said...

Just because I love you I'm going to embarrass myself here by admitting that I have this completely irrational fear of talking on the phone. Well, not exactly fear, but...it sends me into a state of high anxiety and hyperventilation.

I'll keep the number and at some point I might try to call. If you get a message that's all little squeaks and some fast, heavy breathing, it was me.

Dr Zibbs said...

Giggle Pixie - you can record it and listen to it. If you don't like it, you can delete it and it will never show up. C'mon. Do it.

Chris said...

Chicken? You calling Marty McFly chicken?