Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Help Me Build The Zibbswich Sammie! Pork Shoulder Sandwich Creation.

If you follow me on Twitter @DrZibbs you might recall that I started to develop a sandwich that I'll be calling the Zibbswich. The early prototype was just OK so here's an updated potential list of ingredients. Feel free to let me know any ingredients that you would add, delete or substitute.

OK. Here we go....

Pork shoulder smoked on grill or slow roasted.
Roll (A seeded one)
Garlic, mushrooms and shallots (saute in oil then deglaze with white wine).
Long hots.
Cheese (but sharp provolone is always used on pork so I think I want something gooey. Any suggestions?)

And the secret ingredient is: ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE.

And I'm thinking of adding coleslaw but I don't think that would work.

I might also try a variation where I don't add the roasted red pepper sauce but I had really spicy baked beans to the top. I'm note sure if I've ever seen baked beans on a sandwich. 

14 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Gemme dat!

Verdant Earl said...

I'd 86 the mushrooms (not a fun-guy) and maybe use a smoked gouda for the cheese. Some red cabbage slaw might me nice for the crunch, but I'd go with a mild vinegar batch as opposed to mayo. But you don't want too much vinegar...that might take away from the smoke of the pork and cheese. Or maybe not. Hmmm....

Cameron said...

You know what would really make this pork sandwich???

BEEF!

Dr Zibbs said...

Earl - Yeah I'm kind of mixed on the onions because I don't think it needs it. And good suggestion on the red cabbage.

Cameron - Are you mad??!!

Heff said...

86 ALL and replace with BACON.

Dr Zibbs said...

Heff - I was actually thinking of adding pieces of back to the top!

Just Keepin It Real, Folks! said...

Whew, I'm thinkin' bein' near a bathroom after consumption would be a good idea.

Indigo Roth said...

Hey Zibbs! A big NO on the shallots/coleslawm but I'm thinking maybe some crushed tortilla chips, and a squeeze of lemon? Dammit, now I'm all hungry. Roth

Dr Zibbs said...

Ill add some beano

Dr Zibbs said...

I like the lemon. Actually lime would work better. Ive had a lot of pork from the mexicans that has lime in it. Tastes good.

Suze said...

Havarti?

And hey if you start a series of these, you know what goes surprisingly well with a mellow cheese and grilled chicken sandwich?

A mild, sweet chipotle sauce with sliced granny smith apples.

Scope said...

With Whiz!

Dr Zibbs said...

Suze - never even heard of Havarti. I had to Google it. And apples are good with pork but I don't think I'd like it on this.

Scope - Only on a Philly Cheese steak. (And around here instead of saying "WITH wiz) you just say, "Wid" or "Widout")

savannah said...

you had me at pork, sugarpie! everything else is extras as we say around heah! xoxoxo