Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chester County Foodie Finds Exclusive, Exotic Eatery. Yanamamo Fare?

Posted by Picasa



I found the best restaurant in the area. And it's free! Well, kind of free - after the exclusive membership into the club. Above you'll see a picture I snapped at the Exton chapter of the eatery "Sam's Club".

And do you see those people standing behind those carts? OK - remain calm. They're giving out FREE food! Whenever I'm in Exton and feeling hungry, I like to pop in there for some meatballs, lasagna or even salmon. I'm not sure what type of cuisine it is from the outfits that the help are wearing but if I'm not mistaken, aprons, plastic gloves and shower caps are traditional costumes worn by some people in South America -might be the Yanamamo. I'm not sure.

I like to eat at one of the carts, then go to the others, then return to the original. A little tip though - try to reach around and grab the food or take your coat or hat off so you look like someone else after you get to five or more visits because the waiters and waitresses do start looking at you funny for some reason.

And don't act all stupid and say, "Have you seen my identical twin brother around here? We came in this place and now I can't seem to find him. I'm not hungry but let me just try one of these shrimps since I'm standing here waiting for my identical twin brother to return anyway. Mmmm. Tasty".

Because that's MY line.

19 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

Hahahaha...my gf works at Costco. They know me. WAY too well.

I Am Who I Am said...

Free food is always a plus.

LegalMist said...

My daughter went through a "picky eater" phase. She wouldn't eat anything we fed her at home. But she would always eat whatever they handed her on a toothpick at Costco. She had many meals there...

Bethie said...

Lunch at Sam's was a Saturday tradition for my family when I was a wee Bethie!

Vic said...

I used to be Yanamamo, but now I just sleep in on Sunday.

Dr Zibbs said...

Vic - I like your style.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, if I am using the whole, "have you seen my IDENTICAL twin brother around here somewhere?" line, I got waaaaaay bigger problems than scamming free jumbo shrimp from a lady wearing a hair net at sam's club.
:)

Pantsless Ponderer said...

Oh boy. I worked at Sam's Club for eight years (through high school and colllege), and let me tell you...you don't need to pretend to be somebody else. Those "demo ladies" (that's what we called them) have a quota to meet and constantly tried to pawn off food on the workers.

Take as much as you'd like. Then ask them where the magnum size condoms are. It'a amazing - I said that last line and they never bothered me about taking food of their hands again.

dmb5_libra said...

this is why i like when they have different flavors to sample, such as sausage. that way, you can stand there unabashedly comparing the different samples multiple times before deciding which one is the best. then tell the server, "you know, this one is the best, but i'll come back another day to buy it."

Gwen said...

Leave it to you to be on the leading edge of haute cuisine.

Pick me up some cheese next time you're there, k?

Speedcat Hollydale said...

ohhhhh ... you stumbled onto a goldmine here.

A REAL GOLDMINE!!!!!!!!!!

In this economy, I am going too, and do not have a problem with shyness

Step back everyone SPEEDCAT is here to EAT!!!

Say Blue Yak, it has been a while. Good to see you. Interested in a photo challenge?? A blog compitition of sorts? We could make up the rules as we go??

speedcathollydale@yahoo.com

jadedj said...

Mighty fine eating. And who could ask for a better culinary atmosphere along with cultured and well-dressed clientele. You didn't mention this, so I'm not sure about your Sam's, but to round out the palate, ours occasionally serves a sassy little Merlot, or Cabernet Sauvignon in lovely paper cups...the same ones my dentist uses. Excellent choice Zibbs.

diane said...

It's a trick. Almost everything offered is processed and bad for you. But you're a "Doctor", so you already know this.

Anonymous said...

Zibbs, are you a boomba-lattie?

Your talk of food constantly had me wondering about your bod.

I thought Yanamamo;s were from Yeman. my bad

peace
#2

J.J. in L.A. said...

I avoid Sam's and Costco during feeding hours because bumping ankles isn't my idea of a good time.

Anonymous said...

Yanamamo? Seriously? Tell the truth, you're that professor who brought one of those Yanamamo broads home to the US, aren't you.

Dr Zibbs said...

Mongoliangirl - If you're asking if I'm Napoleon Chagnon I am not.

slopmaster said...

You're one of those?!! not cool.

Fancy Schmancy said...

Apparently I'm shopping at the wrong club. Everytime I'm there they're only offering the stuff that obviously doesn't sell for A Reason...