So last week I was in Chestnut Hill (PA) with some people and we ate at McNally's. There's a famous sandwich there called The Schmitter. It's actually a trademarked sandwich.
The ingredients are cheese, special sauce, grilled salami, more cheese. tomato, fried onion, steak and more cheese. The roll is a Kaiser.
To tell you the truth, it was pretty good but nothing to warrant a trademark and all the hype. Great roll. Cheese was like Velveeta.
I'm sure you're asking, "What are some of Dr Zibbs's favorite sandwiches?" Here are a few regional favorites:
- Italian Style Roast Pork (from DiNics at Reading Terminal in Philly). Long hots, sharp provolone and horseradish on top. This is my favorite sandwich on earth.
- Hand Carved Hot Roast Beef Sandwich on Kaiser. Provolone and and horseradish on top.
- Pulled Pork. Cole slaw on top. Various locations.
- Hot Pastrami Sandwich . Mmmm.
- Corn Beef Special - I've only had great ones in NYC.
I've invented a few of my own sandwiches but they're really just variations on regular sandwiches. I really should add that to one of my life goals after that cure for Lupus thing that I opened my big trap about.
So what other sandwiches should I add to my must try list?