Thursday, July 26, 2012

PA Driver's License Center In Malvern You Suck. Fraser DMV.


Look at that crew. Do you know where that is? Hell? Nope. It's the PA DMV. Or as it's called in Pennsylvania, "The Driver's License Center."

I went in Tuesday at 10:30 to get my picture for my license and guess how many people were ahead of me waiting? Go ahead and take a guess....

Did you guess 60? *Ding Ding Ding* Correct! I was there for an hour and 55 minutes. Pure torture. No music playing. No magazines to read. No pictures on the wall to look at. It feels like you're sitting a waiting room in Russia circa 1977.

There were only two good parts. There was a lady next to me and we struck up a conversation then we spent the time making fun of people. Mostly the reaction when new people would walk in and the expression they would have when they realized they had 60 people in front of them. Ha! She was pretty snarky. If I was a few years older and on the market I probably would have asked the old bird to lunch.

The other interesting part was when a 70 year old lady came in and proceeded to rant and rave for ten minutes because of the wait. Turning to to anyone that would listen and in her gravely voice, "I drove 40 minutes? For THIS? I have a doctor's appointment to make! How am I going to make it there?" She was making a spectacle of herself. Everyone was looking at her like, "What the?"...

So PA Driver's License Center in Malvern ....YOU CAN SUCK..... MY........ *Ship horn drowns out last word*

15 comments:

Annika said...

I hate waiting in line. 60 people?? At least you had some good laughs.

Dr Zibbs said...

Annika - when life gives you sixty lemons....

Unknown said...

Wait... you're not on the market?!

Suze said...

Laughed out loud, last few words.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

glad you found a buddy to make fun of people. that can really make time fly in my experience.

Anonymous said...

Frazer

red.neck chic said...

LOL! That looks and sounds like the DMV in my 'hood...

Dr Zibbs said...

Red Neck - I think it's like that everywhere.

Dr Zibbs said...

Eric - correct.

diane said...

It is not like that everywhere. In Lehighton there was no wait at all. The people were friendly, and they even had a play area filled with toys for the kids. They did 3 retakes until they got it right, and when they were done, they came out from behind the counter and said their goodbyes to Babyzilla very sweetly. It took all of 5 minutes.
I had lost an earring while I was there, and when I went back, they had it and remembered me by name.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

So Zibbsy, you found your perfect lady? Good for you!

Dr Zibbs said...

Diane - Really? That's awesome. For you.

Candy - Yup. I'm going to try and convince her to let me post her picture. Probably will take a while.

diane said...

sorry Jim, just had to mess with you a little bit. It is true though.

Melissa Pace said...

I just had to go to the DMV outside Boston and had a similar experience. To make it so much better everyone around me was there to have a mistake corrected. The DMV misspelled names, and addresses like there was a prize to be one. I registered to vote at the same time but the abrasive woman "helping" me decided not to actually register me. Awesome. Thank you for your time.

Dr Zibbs said...

Melissa Pace - Could you imagine working there? Oh my God.