Thursday, May 31, 2007

West Chester Man May Have Completed Refinishing Rocking Chair

West Chester, PA


West Chester resident Mike McCain may have completed his year long refinishing of a rocking chair. The rocking chair, which McCain claims was his grandfather's is no longer sitting in his garage.


"I don't think he finished it", a skeptical Rob Jones said when asked about the chair. "First of all, the chair was there for like a year. You'd come into the garage and he'd be sanding away. I've been suspicious that the sand paper was picked up when he'd hear my footsteps walking up the driveway, but I can't be sure".


The chair, a spitting image for those sold at Michael's Crafts in Exton, was the garage centerpiece for months. Now, it's mysteriously gone. McCain claims it's completed but when neighbors ask to see it, he changes the subject very quickly.
Neighbor Tim Steinbacher also thinks something is a bit fishy,
"It was weird, the damn thing was the centerpiece of the garage. He be sanding away, just waiting for me to ask about his sanding technique. I asked once and had to listen for three hours about his 'theory' on counter clockwise sanding for older chairs. This was after he claimed that the chair was his grandfather's. I swear he said that his grandfather killed Hitler but I can't be sure. I may have day dreamed that as a defense mechanism for battling the sanding diatribe. The bottom line is that the chair is gone and something ain't right."
A full neighborhood investigation is underway.

1 comment:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

How comfortable did it look? Cos if it was a Very Comfy Chair, I'd start looking under all the local cats. They ALWAYS find the comfiest chair. Hmmm... mind you, if I had a long tail sticking out behind me, I'd keep clear of this one...