Friday, November 28, 2008

I Can't Get This Thai Pop Song Out of My Head

So the other day I was on Chele's blog - the Tambourine Queen, and she had this video of when she was a Pop Singer in Thailand. I can't get this song out of my head and I've been singing (babbling) the lyrics the last few days. My distorted version goes, "Na gabba gabba gy mca Gobba Gabba Giy..." but since the version below has the lyrics, I'll be working on my pronunciation. You'll see.

When the Youtube video starts, Chele is the 2nd one from the left on the top . Maybe she can clarify what this group is because I know her group was called Jamp so Teen8 GradeA is the song. I guess.



To see the live version with the 1000's of screaming fans, check out her post here. You won't believe the frenzied fans!

9 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

And when the girls come on my themselves for the first time, she's the 2nd from the right.

Dr Zibbs said...

Oh my GOD! Can you imagine once I know all of the lyrics, then when I meet someone someday that's from Thailand and I casually break into this song? Admit it. How great is that gonna be? Yeah - I knew you'd admit it.

Anonymous said...

Oy!! In any language, that's bubblegum!!

Dr Zibbs said...

Yeah, but bubblegum catchy.

greeneyesmcl said...

One of the singers looks like Onch (sp)from Paris Hilton's BFF.

Chele said...

I cant believe you got the song stuck in your head, that is seriously funny.
teen 8 was the first band I was in....will blog about this story.

na gabbba gabba? hahahhaha

the song means basically ¨come one everybody lets all go together now.¨

Son of a Thomas said...

I didn't chech you link because Jesus....how many people are in this group?

Distributorcap said...

who would have thought thai music is catchy

Izzy said...

I can't believe I just watched the whole video ...