Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Status From West Chester, PA


Is anyone else sick of turkey at this point? I think I'll make some potato cakes but I'm done with the turkey for today. I was watching some Cuban cooking the other night on the Food Channel. Does anyone have any recommendations? I think I might make some on Sunday.

On another note, a friend of mine asked me to go see a band at Sly Fox Brewery in Royersford last night. I was still too stuffed from eating more turkey that I declined. I didn't feel too lame as I did go out Wednesday. Last night I ended up watching the Bio channel marathon of classic TV. Brady Bunch and Laverne and Shirley were the standouts. You gotta love Squiggy.

That's it.

16 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

Weren't you watching the Greatest Catch Marathon??? get with the program, dude.

Vodka Mom said...

holy shit, was i first?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

I LOVE LEFTOVER TURKEY. Because it means I don't have to cook. Beyond finding new ways to diguise the turkey, that is. My current favorite: a Mexican casserole with turkey, beans, jalapenos, corn, tomatoes, corn tortillas, cheese, and a helluva lot of spices. Even though casseroles usually fill me with a nameless, Campbell's-Cream-of-type dread, this one is the perfect antidote to bland turkey.

Michelle said...

Laverne and Shirley ROCKS

Brady Bunch, not so much!!! They kind of make me sick to my stomach!!!

Love
Stalker

Greta said...

oh, I love the brewery. ours doesn't have bands tho. bummer.

Elizabeth said...

I saw the bio right before Brady Bunch, the MTM Show one. It was pretty good, I thought.

I think potato cakes are a great idea. I wish I'd thought of that.

Gwen said...

Mmmmm . . . potato cakes . . those sound pretty good right now at 2 am. Whadja do Wednesday night? I saw Cowboy Mouth. Fal is going to be so jealous.

Gwen said...

P.S. Drunk commenting. Just thought you'd like to know.

Also, I do a better job typing drunk than you do sober. Nyah.

J.J. in L.A. said...

I'm not sick of turkey...because I had ham. : )

I agree with Michelle - the Brady Bunch SUCKS! As the youngest of 7, I can remember thinking, "Are they kidding? Brothers and sisters are NEVER that nice to each other growing up."

Distributorcap said...

plenty of leftover turkery, stuffing and lasagna (italian thanksgiving) means NO cooking all weekend....

Dale said...

I hated Squiggy and the loathing continues.

buffalodick said...

Yeah, I went overboard on size of bird, and amount of stuffing...

Chele said...

meanwhile in Asia....
I had some seared duck for dinner

Anonymous said...

ROPA VIEJA!!! You will never be the same. I will send along a terrific recipe. Buy a good flank.

Anonymous said...

Those little grilled Cuban sandwiches look pretty good, the ones with ham, cheese, and a pickle.

Chris said...

How about beer cheese soup and monte cristo sandwiches?