Monday, October 27, 2008

Blog Owner Tells Weird Stuff About Himself


Here are some odd things about me. This is a MEME sent to me by Melo. The following are the instructions followed by my MEME.

The purpose is to share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about your self.

1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagged peops know once your entry is UP.

1) I always need to get the ultimate deal on things. If I'm buying something over $100, I'll research it for hours just to get the best deal. I also have an obsession with coupons.

2) I get obsessed with things then go totally overboard. Examples: when in my exercise obsession, I was running and biking everyday, reading everything I could on the subject and had to record every distance and time - even if it was just for training. Selling books online phase: about 6 years ago I started picking up books at book sale and selling them on Half.com and Amazon. It became such an obsession that I was sometimes going to 3 bookstores or thrift stores a week -even though I didn't really need the money. I got so good that I could go intoi a book sale and spend $3 on books then sell them for $300. Current obsession is blogging and building blog traffic.

3) I sometimes will have over 30 books checked out of the library - mostly non fiction and I rarely read them cover to cover.

4) When I'm driving in the car alone, I often will sing the song either in a different voice, or add tons of extra made up lyrics in. I've been busted often.

5) When I'm in my office and it gets dark, I need to shut my blinds because I have a feeling that someone is looking at me.

6) I can't add numbers in my head. Seriously. If I'm playing darts and my score is 87 and I get 6 points, 3 points and 4 points, and I don't use my fingers to count - it takes me a real long time.

...and you all thought I was normal. Now here are the people I'm tagging:

Mo - from MyEcomonster





30 comments:

Sass said...

Damn.

KooKoo. KooKoo.

Or...you need to play darts with ME, because my OCD will help us add the score like *that*. Of course, it really always needs to be 24. K?

Mo said...

Homework?!? Awwww mannnnnn...

Jennifer and Sandi said...

What's a book?

- Jennifer

Gwen said...

I'm totally down with researching major purchases, but there comes a point where you have to weigh the value of your time against potential savings. And also how effing BAD you want whatever it is.

You? Silly voices? Extra lyrics? I'd have never guessed!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't consider my lyrics to be "extra" as much as made up and usually dirty. I am currenty in my "Your mother's a whore phase." where every song I hear ends up containig the verse "Your mother's a whore."

LYDIA said...

Like Gwen (and you) - I hunt for the best deal on most things... that's why I am such a fan of eBay. I refuse to pay over $100 for a pair of jeans - but I want to purchase jeans that retail for over $100. You just gotta be ahead of the curve to get the good deals....

I feel the same way about blinds. And I can't add numbers in my head anymore either... which is sad when you consider what I do for a living.

Since you are reading so many books - you should blog about them. Or start a goodreads account. I wonder what weird stuff you read. My friend Dan from Illinois has the most random collection, but I think you could rival him....

McGone said...

You should sell the books that you check out from the library - that's all profit! Just don't forget to use a fake name (as you no doubt do) and one of those silly voices.

Caffeine Court said...

Someone IS watching you. No stop picking your nose!

miss milly said...

#5... I close the blinds because I think an alien is going to abduct me or a monster will eat me.... or a dead person is trying to get in.

now that is weird.

Dr Zibbs said...

Miss Milly, this is a very respectable blog. Now if you think you're going to come in here and...wait..you really think that? Oh my God.

pj said...

really don't think my teachers looked like that, wth

miss milly said...

I enjoy peops. It is a fantasticle word.

peops.

kind of like black pom.

Fancy Schmancy said...

I'm going to diagnose obsessive compulsive disorder with a touch of paranoia. I'll send you the bill.

Micgar said...

Ok Zibbs-I will get on this weird thing right away! Hey! That sounded weird in and of itself! This is beginning to get weird!

Michelle said...

HELLO YES OF COURSE I WILL TELL YOU WEIRD NON IMPORTANT THINGS ABOUT MYSELF.

I HAVE BEEN THINKING ALL DAY LONG!! ON MY BIRTHDAY NO LESS!! YOU MADE ME THINK!!

Anonymous said...

I was busted singing "toxic" by britney spears last week. I was car dancing and everything. just as I was bobbing my head seductively and winking as I was singing, I noticed a DOT worker in his truck watching me from the roadside. embarrassing.

Unknown said...

I have been known to pin my curtains shut.

Miss Catherine said...

Zibbs-

I have to say.. I'm impressed with your buying of old books and reselling them.. Genius!

Haha. I wish that you would "rap" for us one day. Unleash your bottomless lyrics..

One question though.
Does your wife know about your ultimate blogging addition?

-Miss C

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I've taken it upon myself to assign you and That Blue Yak's Halloween costumes on my blog. Check it out and let me know what you think. :)

Dr Zibbs said...

The lovely Miss Catherine - You will hear some of my songs shortly on Youtube. As for my wife, when she is done the dishes, she can then go on the computer - just kidding.
Ms Florida - I checked out the costume. Uh..thank you?

Elizabeth said...

Oh Zibbo, you and I are more alike than I ever thought. Or would care to admit.

I am flattered to bits that you tagged me for this one, but I've done it a few times, and I'm afraid I will bore everyone to death if I do it again. What do you think?

Dr Zibbs said...

Enc - you're the best. You don't have to do it. You're dismissed. I do love your loyalty.

Vodka Mom said...

I NEVER thought you were normal. That's why i love you.

Miss Alex said...

I cant count either i pretty much always use my fingers

Some Guy said...

Yeah, I have the same car singing habit. We should do a duet.

Elizabeth said...

No, YOU are!

Maybe I'll wait a week or so?

xx

Mel O said...

Awww! You really did it, Doc! You're the best!

After reading this, you suprisingly seem MORE normal ;)

Tamara said...

Cool list. I must admit that i too sing in different voices. Usually in different accents. My favourite at the moment is to sing boppy upbeat tunes (like ABBA songs) in a deep Russian voice.

Did I really just admit that?!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WendyB said...

I AM looking at you. Right now. In the daytime.