Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm Having A Blog Contest. With REAL Prizes!



Remember back on July 24th when I ordered my readers to promote my blog? And then Gwen and Falwless made this really cool retard Slavic button ? Man that was great!

Well now that we're into the 4th quarter, I think it's time to announce another call for action - but this time it's a CONTEST! You read that correctly. I hereby announce the THAT BLUE YAK Google This Contest. Here's how it works:

- Write: Google This: "That Blue Yak" on paper or on any surface you wish (body parts?).
- Take a photo of it.
- Email it to me at Lebner1@yahoo.com by Friday, Oct 31, 2008. Put "YAK GOOGLE CONTEST" in subject line. Image should be jpg. or gif. file format.
- The coolest, most original photo will win a real life prize that will be mailed to them. 2nd and 3rd place will also win but prizes will be much shittier. You can leave your address in the email or wait to see if you win. It doesn't matter to me.

A few tips and ideas:
- take picture with something regional in the picture (ie. French readers can be kicking the Eiffel Tower)
- take a picture of your workspace (maybe with you giving the finger to your boss?)
- Take a picture showing how you've decorated the front "yard" of your trailer.

Just remember this needs to appear in the photo:

Google this:
"That Blue Yak"


And just a note that I have some really lazy readers so you have very good odds of being a winner!

28 comments:

Sornie said...

Would a picture with that phrase written, um, below the belt be off limits. I'm just searching for some guidance and limits.

Dr Zibbs said...

Sornie, for the ladies - it's fine. For the fellows, I'm all for freedom of speech but I'm also for freedom of delete. Ifffff...you know what I mean.

Miss Alex said...

you're so funny it hurts

Gwen said...

Fal and I should get a prize for that button. No one can top that.

Michelle said...

YES THIS IS GREAT CONTEST!!

I'm so in that i'm out!!!

katrocket said...

Could you tell us what the prize is first?

Dr Zibbs said...

Miss Alex - thanks for telling me I'm funny. Care to share what specific parts are funny? It might help my stupid readers.
Gwen - my gift to you is a certificate for a 5 minute "makeout session" with Calhoun. I may be able to upgrade that to a "feel-up session" but I'm sure that baby will have to get permission from his wife first. All travel expenses will be yours.

Dr Zibbs said...

..and Katrocket - I can't tell you what the first prize is but it's better than a tictac and not as good as new car. Does that help?

LYDIA said...

Although I am probably one of your lazy readers, I actually have an idea. Now I just need to talk to Catherine....

Jennifer and Sandi said...

ALL DONE!!!! Check your inbox

- Jennifer

Gwen said...

In that case, I'll take a tictac. I don't want Calhoun getting in trouble and I'm not a fan of getting shived by angry wives.

katrocket said...

I cannot imagine anything that outshines a Tic Tac. They say "it's not just a mint", you know.

Mo said...

Oooooh...I want one of the "much shittier" prizes! Pretty please?

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Hey D.....did you get my entry? Did ya, did ya????

- Jennifer

Dr Zibbs said...

Lydia - can't wait to see it.
Jen and Sand - I got it!

Caffeine Court said...

Oh the pressure!!! I'm going to start working out before I get "Google This: That Blue Yak" tattooed on my ass.

What is my deadline?

Dr Zibbs said...

Caffeine - the deadline is the Oct 31 - just like everyone else. So start squatin'.

Miss Catherine said...

Lydia-
Talk to catherine about what.
What are you so lazy about?

Moderator said...

This is a disgusting attempt to get nudie pictures in the email.

You deviant.

Dr Zibbs said...

Grant - shhhhh.

Vodka Mom said...

hey- I want the shitty prizes.

Falwless said...

Hey what about me? What do I get for the fantastic button? I don't really want a make-out session with one of your so-called "friends." They're probably all seventh graders anyway. I want something good. Get back to me.

Elizabeth said...

I resemble that remark, Zibbo!

Dr Zibbs said...

Falwless. I will send a special feeling your way this afternoon via a Reiki person.

Unknown said...

I really hate to admit this but I'm incredibly lazy.

Anonymous said...

I could have totally won this.. if I wanted to..

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I'm going to the beach on Saturday...maybe you'll pre-approve a late entry???

It's me said...

Is this your way of telling me I didn't win? I had to win. Where else ya gonna find a frickin' jackalope?

:)