Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Seasons In The Sun - Get Your Tissues Out Babies

So over at Gwen's blog she's been building a list of 70's radio hit songs. Here's another AM radio hit from the 1970's to add to the list - the cheesy classic "Seasons in the Sun"* by Terry Jacks.





*If I'm ever about to die, then I find out I'm going to live and I have a friend that has kind of been a jerk - I'm going to play this song in the hospital room right before I jump up and say, "I'm gonna live you jerk. Maybe next time you'll think twice about that jerky thing you did."

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh no, I know better than to listen to this one. I don't have enough tissues lying around here to mop up the deluge.

Elizabeth said...

BTW: Superb job on all the nicknames. Thank you.

Gwen said...

Oh, Zibbsy, you are such a good friend to me and your timing is impeccable. I had a really tough night (tune in tomorrow for the story) and was just tickled pink to come home and find you had posted for me. I heart you.

Dr Zibbs said...

Enc- you must listen. It's OK to cry. Let it go girl.
Gwen - I heart you too.

Renaissance Woman said...

I have never ever heard this song before!

Micgar said...

I really like this one too! Damn these songs bring back memories!

Fancy Schmancy said...

*sob*

Mnmom said...

I hated that song in the 70's and I still do. no thank you.

Dr Zibbs said...

Ren Woman - how could you NEVER have heard of this song?

Leonesse said...

I don't think I have heard that song since the 70's.

URBAN BLONDE said...

I was living in Vancouver in the 70s where Terry Jacks is from when that song was played ad nauseam everytime you turned on the radio.

Obviously that fricken song is permanently imprinted on my brain because just seeing Terry's afro and seeing the title has me attacking my head with knives to stop singing the hated lyrics over and over and over and over.......