Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jay Johnston From the Sarah Silverman Program..


....is celebrating a birthday today (October 22). If you're not familiar with Jay Johnston, he was on one of the funniest sketch comedy shows ever. Mr Show.

And the show he's on now is the funniest show currently on TV - The Sarah Silverman Program. Jay plays Officer Jay. If you haven't seen it, they're into season three and it's on Thursday nights on Comedy Central. Are any of you fans of this show? If so, you're automatically my friend. If not, go rent the previous seasons and get watching.

My favorite line from the first season by Jay was when he said to Sarah's sister, "It's OK that you're mad at Sarah. She had the chance to honor your mother's memory but she ruined it....by showing a picture of a BM." This was on the famous Cookie Party episode where the opponents dug up Sarah's mother from the grave and were threatening to have sex with the bones. Yes. The show is that good.

Click here to read an interview of Jay Johnston by Ben Kharakh.

23 comments:

Gwen said...

Mr. Show with Bob and David was one of the best television shows in the history of ever.

I watched the first season of Sarah's show but I have to admit it was a little much, even for me, and that's saying something.

Gwen said...

Can we still be friends?

Dr Zibbs said...

Gwen - you're on my friends forever list.

J. Hi said...

No comment

Jennifer and Sandi said...

THURSDAY NIGHTS???? You Jest!

Nothing grabs me away from Grey's Anatomy.... NOTHING!


Hey, have a magical day!!

- Jennifer

Elizabeth said...

This show is hugely popular. If I had more time for tv, I'd watch.

Anonymous said...

Cookie Party, Cookie Party, Cookie Party!

McGone said...

"The Story of Everest" sketch from Mr. Show (featuring Mr. Johnson) is on my Favorite Things Ever list.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I need to check out this Mr. Show. Sounds interesting. Love Sarah Silverman, although she is an aquired taste. I became a huge fan immediately when she inappropriately roasted Britney and her innocent kids at the 2007 MTV VMA's. Good times.

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm glad Gwen said it- I'm having a hard time loving this show too. It has a "Strangers with candy" vibe, and I LOVED that show, but for some reason I don't find the S.S. show funny at all even though I think Ms. Silverman herself is hilarious.

Do I still get to be Miss September?

Dr Zibbs said...

McGone - I've never seen that sketch until you mentioned it. I just watched it on Youtube. Very funny!
W Marie - Yes. You can still be Miss September

Verdant Earl said...

Mr. Show was truly great! And I love Sarah no matter what she does.

Anonymous said...

I loved Mr. Show too but I am with Gwen and WM - I just can't get into the S.S. Show but love all the comedians/actors on there. Huh? Wonder why?

Mel O said...

Hey, Doc! Guess what?! You’ve been TAGGED! (No need to thank me) See the link for details :)

Sass said...

I have only watched the SS show a couple times, and felt guilty when I laughed. ;)

Regarding your Adsense question...you get paid after 100 bucks.

Mel O said...

Regarding your comment on my site...

Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis?!

I totally linked to you, lovee!

LYDIA said...

Zibbs - Hello!

I expect to see your tag within the hour.

Anonymous said...

i was SO hoping this was a picture of you and your woman, showing off your halloween costumes.

Fancy Schmancy said...

I love Sarah, but haven't seen much of the show, itself. Maybe I will rent season one this weekend.

J. Hi said...

Zibbs, you are as frustrating as Wonder bread in a Walmart.

Michelle said...

Love me some Sarah!!!

Are we friends???

Dale said...

Sarah Silverman is the best Jew ever! Love her and her show. Happy Birthday Officer Jay.

Chris said...

I would **** Matt Damon if it would get me an evening with SS.