Wednesday, October 15, 2008

IRL Friend Send Message To Blogger


Do you know what Friends IRL means? It means friends in real life. Don't feel stupid. I just found out myself a few weeks ago. Anyway, my friend Calhoun who is my friend IRL has the hots for Gwen the blogger. He left a message on his dart board while we were watching the Phillies last week - see picture above.

And on the subject of Gwen the blogger, she just announced she's taking a vacation from blogging for a while because of lack of enthusiasm and some other stuff. I wish she weren't but everyone needs a break now and again. Hopefully I'll keep up my pace of blogging at least once a day. My IRL friends always ask where I find the time to blog. What those dummies don't know is that it doesn't take that long. Here are some of the things I do so blogging doesn't take up tons of time:

1) I keep a few small notebooks around so I can jot down ideas when I think of them.
2) When I see an article in the paper I tear it out and put it on my desk.
3) I keep pictures that are post worthy in a file on my computer called Pics to Blog.
4) I have various videos to blog on my playlist in YouTube.
5) I look at Google Trends for the hot news stories.
6) I look at blogs you guys don't read and copy and paste the posts word for word. Then, I cleverly change one word with another. Like if the blogger was writing a post about Ted, my post is about Charlie.
7) I start several posts so I have a few that are ready to go.

So there are a few tips. What do you guys do?

Now I will throw out a few writing assignments. Anyone who wants to write a post on any of the following topics, let me know in the comments section of this post by midnight Thursday and I'll add a link to your post.
Here are some topics:

- A time you saw an old or fat person fall down the steps or break a chair.
- A time you saw someone faint.
- A time where someone put their foot in their mouth.
- Worst throw up story.
- Funny story of someone quitting their job.
- Craziest concert story.

There you go.

30 comments:

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Shit, I haven't attended a concert in ages. I use to attend them like a wild woman "well, when I once was a wild woman" and kept all of the tickets in a photo album. Maybe I'll drag out that photo album, blow the dust off and snap pictures of the pages and reminisce with ya. I do vividly remember a Charlie Daniels concert where the chick we drove with ditched us after the concert and we had to "hitchhike" home (That's when it was safe to do so) :(

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!

- Jennifer

Michelle said...

Hi its your friendly neighborhood stalker here!! As promised, i am commenting on your blog.

So, WTF, i do the exact same things when i blog! Everything you do, i do!!

I have to think...i may want to write a post about 1 of your topics.

I also didn't know what IRL meant but now i do, so YAY and thanks!!

Ok, have a great day Dr Z!

Mo said...

Do I get bonus points for a story about the time I quit my job after I got caught throwing up in the Lost and Found bin before walking outside in time to see an old fattie falling down the stairs, causing a passerby to faint, which made me so fed up with life that I decided to say, screw it, and go to a crazy ass concert?

Dr Zibbs said...

Michelle J - start writing. Let me know if you're going to write something. Choose your topic wisely.
Mo - Bwahahaha. That had me laughing!

Anonymous said...

I have tourettes syndrome, so everything I blog about comes easily for me.

katrocket said...

What if we've already written posts on all those topics?

Some Guy said...

My best blogging ideas come to me on the toilet. I bet that will come as a big shock to anyone who reads my shit.

Anonymous said...

I do have a few good throw up stories, one being the last time Phillies won the world series, like 25 yrs ago? Not me throwin up, of course.
How bout a show I was going to post about, which includes throwing up, does that count?

#1

katrocket said...

Ok, I have an truly excellent foot-in-mouth-story. When do we post it? On Friday?

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm tapped right now as well. I may have to use ALL of these. I may even add my "once I fell off of a refrigerator" story for good measure.

Dr Zibbs said...

IMPORTANT FOLLOW UP (see I told you I was important) - FOR THOSE WANTING TO POST ONE OF THOSE STORIES I LISTED, PLEASE POST THE STORIES ON YOUR OWN BLOG ON THURSDAY AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT IN THIS HERE POST TELLING ME YORU WROTE THE POST MY THURSDAY MIDNIGHT.

LYDIA said...

Any word on the possible missile? Gwen is #1.

Gwen said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Calhoun, you crack me up! I think you're #1, too, but I'm a little disturbed that you and Zibbs hang out in the garage and draw "missiles" with each other.

Zibbs, I love that you're so disturbed by my break. I feel so loved. It wasn't a lack of material that prompted my break because I've still got a lot so say. It's just that blogging and commenting was distracting me from taking care of my real life and I needed to reign it in and clean my house. You know the old adage, work before play . . .

Since I can't stand to see you so distraught, I'll put something together tonight. It may not be my usual A-list material, but it will be all for you and Calhoun. And Lydia. And Mo. And MelO.

Dr Zibbs said...

Gwen, just steal some material from that "Lots Better then Your Blog." I think they closed shop but the site should still be there.

Elizabeth said...

I don't dare do a post on when someone put his/her foot in his/her mouth, because it would be endless.

Not that my posts aren't endless now, of course.

Caffeine Court said...

Okay those are awesome topics. I still need to know who you are, since you and I are both from WC. I'm betting you are way younger than me.

Even though I'm old I have some great stories and many of them do involve going to a concert, falling down the stairs, throwing up, getting kicked in the mouth and then passing out, which usually resulted in losing a job for not showing up the next day.

Dr Zibbs said...

Caffeine Court - although I can't reveal my identity, I know more than a few people from your class. I may even have met you back in the day.

katrocket said...

Okay man. You didn't have to yell. Pffff.

LYDIA said...

I feel so included! - Like I am the new kid at school and Gwen (the popular, funny girl everyone loves) was nice enough to included me in her comment. Thanks Gwen! Zibbs, I am still waiting to hear if you are infact male.

LegalMist said...

Ooh, fun! I'll write a post that provides a true account combining two of your assignments: "foot in mouth" and "funny job-quitting story." Hope you enjoy it.

Dr Zibbs said...

Lydia, I'm so male I'm like 2 males. Twins. OK Siamese Twins.
Legalmist - Looking forward to it. I hope you have a new computer because you're going to get so many hits that older computers tend to explode.

LYDIA said...

I see Zibbs, you're *special*

Falwless said...

Forget all this other stuff, why doesn't Calhoun crush on me? Is it the monkey? Fine, fine, I'll kill the monkey. FINE, and I'll stop smoking. Okay? Okay???? Calhoun? Hello???

*cry*

Fancy Schmancy said...

I already did my crazy concert story:

http://fancynancypantsinct.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-need-miracle.html

I'll try to come up with something elso to keep you amused later. I think I've got a good foot in mouth story. And, for once, it wasn't my foot or my mouth.

LegalMist said...

Ok, so I posted my foot in mouth / job-quitting story:

http://legalmist.blogspot.com/2008/10/foolish-incident.html

Hope you enjoy it.

LegalMist said...

Ok, so I screwed up the original link to my post. Here is the real link:

http://legalmist.blogspot.com/2008/10/foolish-incident_16.html

Happy reading.

Fancy Schmancy said...

Okay, it's up. Hope it makes you smile.

katrocket said...

http://katrocket.blogspot.com/2006/10/did-i-just-say-that-out-loud.html

Chris said...

I am totally copying this post.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!